Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
USB Multilink for MPC55XX/56xxdevices NOT working
Gee X. Nov 1, 2015 at 09:03 AM (09:03 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Three days ago,I debug and download program as usual with PE interface.Suddenly,I found it doesn't work,and I change another PE,the program is downloaded successfully,but later I change it back,it still doesn't work.I think the hardware may be broken. How can I modify it? Now I have broke three,include Rev.A(purple one) and Rev.B(green one).

When we connect PE to the PC by USB interface, and also connect PE to target PCB board by JTAG interface,we can see the two LED is lit.

I don't know how to send the pictures,So I can provide more information.

Comments

• Greetings,

You have multiple broken multilinks is not a good sign. Even if the 2 LEDs turn on, the internals are probably damaged.

1) What chips are you working on?
    2) Are you using any custom hardware like custom ribbon cables, adapters, or anything between the multilink and your chip?
    3) Do you smell or see burning from the multilinks?

No need for pictures. If you wish to have these multilinks fixed, you should go to Support page -> support requests and request for an RMA ticket. You can ship them to us and we can help you figure out why you keep burning through multilinks. There must be something from your board that is causing a short or excessive current that is damaging them.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Thank you very much for your reply.

First,answer your questions.
      1) The chip is MPC5634M,
      2) I am using ribbon cables between the multilink and the chip.Because the interface of multilink is JTAG (14 pin,Port A) and the interface of the board is JTAG (10 pin,small one),so I am using a conversion connect,just so so.
      3)There is nothing burned I can see or smelled.

So,I will ship them to you, Could you fix them and tell us more information about how to prevent damage them again and how to repair them next time,thank you again.

• More information Codewarrior IDE is version 10.6

• Hi,
    I just see the support request page,but there is no address information,could you tell me how to ship the equipment?

• Greetings,

You need to submit a RMA ticket first in our Support request page. Then we will email you instructions on how to send the items to us.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

I am sorry,I don't know what is RMA ticket.I just submit a new support request,and the ID is 22979,pls check it and tell me is that correct? Thank you.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement