Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Unexpected behaviour of Cyclone MAX
Dana D. Oct 12, 2015 at 04:33 AM (04:33 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hi,
    I am developing application to automate the process of uploading SAP images to Cyclone Max. I cannot make it work, because Cyclone keeps freezing up during the process. I am using DLL library CYCLONE_CONTROL.dll in version 5.52.0.0 from 27.7.2015.

This is sequence of methods calling when Cyclone contains no SAP image:
    1.   Get ready for connection - enumerate_all_ports
    2.   Connect to Cyclone – connect_to_cyclonepromax
    3.   Get number of images – count_cyclonepromax_images
    4.   Load image to device – add_image_to_cyclone
    5.   Disconnect – disconnect_from_cyclonepromax
    6.   Close ports – close_all_ports

Cyclone Max return expected values from each method mentioned above. At the end of this sequence the Cyclone indicators for Ready and Success are turn on. Display has message: Verification finished. Number of displayed images is correct (one in this case).

So now the Cyclone contains exactly one SAP image. In the next iteration I am calling this sequence of methods:
    1.   Get ready for connection - enumerate_all_ports
    2.   Connect to Cyclone – connect_to_cyclonepromax
    3.   Get number of images – count_cyclonepromax_images
    4.   If the number if images is exactly one I can update it – update_image_with_file
    , or else I can erase them – erase_all_cyclone_images , and add new one - add_image_to_cyclone
    5.   Disconnect – disconnect_from_cyclonepromax
    6.   Close ports – close_all_ports

In this case I get to step 4. In this step there is no indicator turn. After that, calling update returns true value, but Cyclone displays no images. The message Transfering Images is present. So I tried erase and add instead. Erase returns false, but Cyclone displays no images again. The message Transfering Images is still present. After that, nothing works and Cyclone just remains in this freeze state. After reset there is no image in Cyclone and message Ready is visible. The indicator for ready is turn on.

This problem occurs via all types of connection. Version of firmware is v7.85-6.2. Czclone MAX is in revision B. Am I doing something wrong here? Like am I missing some init step or something like that?

Thank you

Comments

• We will have a fix for this user's issue in the next version of the Automated Control DLL. You can revert back to 5.33 as a temporary solution. If anyone else is dealing with a similar issue, please contact us.

Regards,
    Johnny
    P&E Engineering Support

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement