Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
problem with PE multilink universal on MCF52233demo
svfv f. Oct 9, 2015 at 09:56 AM (09:56 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

I need to setup a CodeWarrior 10.2 to work with a old project but I have probolems when use for PE multilink universal program/debug from Codewarrior.

I'm using a demo project that create the *_Int_Flash_Debug_PEBDM default debug configuration file but when I try to download the binary file to debug, CodeWarrior give me this error:

Error:The Get Flash Device ID Command failed. Flash driver reports the following error(s): Chip reported error during erase
    Data is not in flash range.

or this error:
    Error: Initialization failed.Couldn't initialize registers

I also try to change the "Target Communication Speed" to (0)...(20)...(31) but PE still doesn't work.

If I change the software and use an other programming tool, PE Micro seems to work correctly and writes the internal flash.

What I wrong?

Regards,
    Matteo

Comments

• Greetings,

Questions:

1) What do you mean "If I change the software and use an other programming tool, PE Micro seems to work correctly and writes the internal flash."? What other software? What other programming tool? And how does that change the behavior of the P&E hardware interface?

2) Are you using any custom ribbon cables, adapters, or other unique hardware I should know about?

3) Did you make sure to firmware update your multilink to the latest version and that the firmware is for ColdFire?
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

4) What happens if you create a new project within Codewarrior 10.2 for your chip? Does it work?

Takao Yamada

• 1) CF flasher 3.1

2) -

3) Well, this is the problem...
      my PE Micro doesn't have the right firmware version.
      After firmware update CW works properly.

4) -

Thanks

Matteo

• Greetings,

I would advise updating your Codewarrior to version 10.6 so that it has the feature to switch firmware within the multilink automatically for you. No longer need to update the firmware automatically.

I am glad you were able to get this issue resolved. Hopefully it is smooth sailing from here.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement