Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Image Creation Using Multiple S19 files
Joe E. Sep 17, 2015 at 04:34 PM (16:34 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I am trying to create an SAP image using 2 S19 files. One is a bootloader and one is our main application. Our target is a Freescale K10, so I'm using the algorithm for k10fn1m0m12_1x32x256k_pflash

I concatenated the two S19 files, bootloader first. I deleted the S0 record at the beginning of the main application records and moved the S7 record from the end of the bootloader records to the very end of the file. I also deleted the S7 record from the original main application file. I added an S3 record as the second-last line of the file to store 8 bytes (the locations of the first two instruction words of the main application) at flash address 0x000FFFF8, which our bootloader looks for in that location to get the address to jump to. Here is the S3 record that I added:

S30D000FFFF80000800000008004E8

The image is created fine, but when I attempt to program it in the target, I get error $0000000A (error writing a block of data to target). If I change the second-last S3 record to write the same data to flash address 0x0007FFF8 instead, I don't get this error, and it seems to program ok, however then I get a verify error $00005003 at the end.

I don't understand what is causing either one of these errors. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what is causing the errors, or if there is a better way to go about this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Greetings,

There is no need to combine or concat your s19 files!

If both the boot image and application go into the same part of flash (PFLASH) then you could simply concat commands like so:

CM (Choose module/algorithm): k10fn1m0m12_1x32x256k_pflash
    EM (Erase module)
    SS (Specify s-record): my_boot.s19
    PM (Program module)
    VM (Verify module)
    SS (Specify s-record): my_app.s19
    PM (Program module)
    VM (Verify module)

Just make sure you are not overlapping any data or you will get programming and verification errors.

Takao Yamada

• This worked for me, but I had to save the image to disk and then download it to Cyclone Max for it to work.  I could not get it to work if I tried to do it directly from the Image Creation application.  I'm not sure why, but it gave me some errors every time I tried it.

Thanks for your help.

• Hi Joe,

Can you describe the exact error that you were getting? What you saw doesn't really make sense.

Thank you
      Johnny
      P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement