Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
P&E USB Driver Licensing Issue
. Sep 8, 2015 at 07:47 AM (07:47 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• Everything has been working previously, then;

While in the Debugger mode an information box pops us displaying,
    "There is a P&E USB Driver Licensing issue on your machine. I was then directed to download and install the latest driver from;
    [pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53]"

I have recently uninstalled and reinstalled all Kinetics, the Win Drivers, PEDrivers_Install.... They are all up to date and working!!!

I have a Windows 10 operating system, could that be a problem?

But this window continues to pop up, I saw on a forum there was a patch or something, does anybody know???

Thanks,
    Clinton E

Comments

• Let's work to resolve the issue in the support ticket you opened in our system. Once we have a resolution we can post it here for the public.

Best,

Kevin

• Hello, 

I have the same problem on Win7.

Had a Codewarrior 6.3 running, then installed PROG12Z and PROGHCS08 Software in order to program freescale microcontrollers in production without using Codewarrior.

Even re-installed Codewarrior, still got the issue..

Best,
    Florian

• Hello,

I have same problem too.

I am using CW 10.4 on Win 10 64bit and in debug session opens same popup.
    Tryied reinstall drivers, cw nothing changed.

Best,

Jirka

• There is a known issue with P&E Drivers and Windows 10. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. 

At the latest, there will be a new version of P&E Drivers that supports Windows 10 by Friday September 25th.

Best,

Kevin

• Thanks for great news

Best,

Jirka

• Please resolve it A.S.A.P  !!!!!!!!!!
    I don’t want to reinstall back to windows 7
    It will be great to inform us when it will be resolved.
    Thanks in advance
    Shaul

• Good to hear there is a Win10 driver on the way, as I have just encountered this problem too.  It has been working fine running Win 10 64 bit until this morning.  There was a security update installed (KB3081455) which I have uninstalled, but still get the same message - so I'm not sure if it's related.

• Hi All,

Attached is a patch for Windows 10 and P&E Drivers.

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=460

Please remove all P&E hardware from your machine and close all P&E/Freescale software and install the above patch. Reconnect your devices/restart your programs and the issue should be resolved.

Best,

Kevin

• Hello Kevin;
      On first run it works!!
      Let’s hope that it solves the problem
      Thanks’
      Shaul

• Hey,
    Thank you so much!!
    All working great!

Cheers,
    Clinton E

• Windows 10 is now supported in the main P&E installer:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=301

• Same licensing issue has re-appeared, after fixing it last year. (I think there has been an automatic windows 10 maintenance.)
      Now when I run the above file (id=301) i get "Cannot run an x86 build of this utility on a x64 platform".

Also the link to download_id=460 is non existent.
      regards
      Steven

• P.S. To the above. I've also tried to run Drivers_v_install.exe in compatibility mode and get the same "Cannot run an x86 build of this utility on a x64 platform".

• Steven,

That is the incorrect link. It must have changed since the post.

Please try the following installer: http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53

I am not sure why the message has reappeared for you.

Best,

Kevin

• Mark,
    I've installed that driver version - same result "There is a P&E USB Driver Licensing issue on your machine."

Everyting was working a couple of weeks ago. I've tried uninstalling and deleting the jungo drivers before installing. same result.
    Thanks
    Steven

• I've tried the patch in FAQ 211, but that results in the "Error while writing to E000..E200. Information: Access denied (target running)" when I run the debugger. I'm using CW6.3 and the MCU is MC9S08QG8.

• Sorry Kevin,
      I don't know where I got mark from.
      Steven

• Steven,

I believe the reason you are getting the licensing issue is that you are using an older version of code warrior.

The patch is the best way to resolve this issue. I would be happy to remote into your machine and help you get the patch up and running.

Best,

Kevin

• Thanks Kevin,

• Thanks Kevin,

• Kevin,
      It works! What I did wrong before was that I renamned the PE folder, instead of making a copy, before adding the patches.

Thanks again
      Steven

• I'm in Australia and am at work until 5pm our time. When I get home I will try reinstalling CW_MCUV6_3_SE downloaded  8/7/2016 and patch it with VW63_patch_S08.RS08,CFV1.zip according to the instructions therin. I'll let you know how I get on. 

Steven

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement