Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
OpenSda USB driver
bruce d. Sep 3, 2015 at 09:19 AM (09:19 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I have been using OpenSDA on a Kinetis K22 Freedom board with the Kinetis Design Studio with the P&E usb drivers for successfully for several weeks. This morning I got a pop up box that says "There is a P&E USB driver licensing issue on your machine. PLease download the latest drivers from: http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53.";

1) I am on a windows 10 machine and the indicated link is for an older driver version that will not install on an x64 machine

2) I re-installed version 11 of the driver and still get the same message.

3) I was not aware of any license requirement to us the driver. Was I just using a demo/intro version before?

4) What is the licensing requirement for the USB driver?

thank you for your assistance.

Comments

• Hi Bruce,

Here is a patch for Windows 10 and P&E Drivers.

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=460

Please remove all P&E hardware from your machine and close all P&E/Freescale software and install the above patch. Reconnect your devices/restart your programs and the issue should be resolved.

-Johnny

• Bruce,

Please run this driver test utility and post the results.

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=152

-Johnny
    P&E

• (detected) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\libusb0.sys (Version 1.02)
    (detected) C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\libusb0.dll (Version 1.02)
    (detected) C:\windows\system32\drivers\windrvr6.sys (Version 11.07)
    (detected) C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\peusbmgr.dll ()
    (detected) C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\peusba05.dll ()
    (detected) C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\peusba06.dll (Version 11.07)
    (detected) C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\peusba07.dll (Version 11.01)
    (detected) C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\peusba08.dll (Version 11.07)
    (detected) C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\peusbb05.dll (Version 10.01)
    (detected) C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\peusbb07.dll (Version 11.01)
    (detected) C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\peusbb08.dll (Version 11.07)

• Bruce,

Do you happen to run any other IDEs besides KDS that install their own version of Jungo WinDriver? Perhaps you have some software from Xilinx or Atmel or maybe older versions of Classic Codewarrior?

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• Yes, I have quite a few IDEs on my machine, including Atmel Studio.

When I connect the freedom board, go to the windows device manager and look at the properties of Jungo Connectivity / WinDriver it shows a driver date of 26-Oct-14 and driver version 11.7.0.0. In the events tab it shows today's date for driver configured, started, and installed.

• Any other ideas? The device manager driver version and dates look OK to me.

• Hi Bruce,

We determined that the current 11.7 drivers are not compatible with Windows 10. We are in the process of updating them to WinDriver 12 to resolve this issue. I don't have a concrete release date at the moment from the dev team but I'll let you know as soon as I have more details.

-Johnny

• I am told that a new version of P&E Drivers that supports Windows 10 is expected to be released before Friday September 25th.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement