Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
MFC52223 has error loading .CFP file
sonchai M. Aug 31, 2015 at 04:01 AM (04:01 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi  All,
    I have try to do automatic programming by running batch and script file with Cyclone Max programmer:below are details of my batch and script file.

Tooling:

Windows 8.1
    progcfz_max.exe
    Cyclone Max programmer
    MFC52223 256K flash: target board

Batch file:
    ==============================================================
    C:\PEMicro\cyclone_max\PROGCFZ_max INTERFACE=Cyclone PORT=USB1 BDM_SPEED 8
    D:\Test_Program.CFG
    if errorlevel 1 goto bad
    goto good
    :bad
    ECHO BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD
    :good
    ECHO done

Script file:
    RE                   ;Reset the MCU
    CM C:\PEMicro\cyclone_max\supportFiles_CF\522xx_256k.CFP 0
    EM
    BM
    SS C:\80-04004-00-01-A G3 MB Test 1_2.elf.S19
    PM
    VM
    ===============================================================
    My problem is while i call progcfz_max (version 5.32.00.00) it has appear connection assistance window. when i clicked Connect(Reset) it's go to specify programming Algorithm Use. when i select "522xx_256K.CFP" then it shown Base Address for insert base address. So i has insert "00000000" the progcfz window still appear.
    I'm not understand why doesn't call my CFG file.

Any body, who has expert pls help me.

Thank you.
    Sonchai M.

Comments

• Greetings,

What you need is CPROGCFZ. You do not have this within the cyclone max software package.

Why are you using scripting when the cyclone max can do standalone programming, which is much faster. You should be using the image creation utility to create an image and load it into the cyclone.

Takao Yamada

• Hi ,
      Thank you for reply. So I need to include with automatic functional tester.

I known that standalone programming is faster, So how you manage if you have many version image file. how to make sure that it's not some is wrong version?

Thank you.
      Sonchai M.

• Greetings,

If you have many versions of image files, then you need to start naming your images better and also save your image using "Save to Disk" so you have the SAP file saved on your computer. Then use image manager utility to load all of your SAP images. All of this you can find when reading the user manual.

There are 2 options I think you should look into:

1) You can switch over to CPROG if you wish. You need to go to Support page -> Support requests and create a ticket about this problem and I will help you there if you wish to switch. Note, that you are still stuck using a computer and not as fast as standalone.

2) You can look into using CSAP software. This command-line tool can be used to create image using command line scripts. So you can call CSAP with your configuration file (CFG) and automatically create the image. I can give you documentation on how to use CSAP. Let me know if you wish to go down this route.

If you want to further automate the process and have the images loaded onto multiple cyclones, then you should look into getting the cyclone automated control package:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320101

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

I have change solution to be CSAP software and modify example code from C# to call dll for programming,

But I'm not understood that why we cannot arrange image file number in cyclone Max? such as i have image file : A, B, C,D i need to change to be C, A, B,D.

Thanks
      Sonchai M.

• Greetings,

You can change the image order using the cyclone image manager, but this would involve erasing all of the images and reprogramming all of them. Each image is appended one after another so there is no easy way of reordering images.

Our next generation cyclones called Cyclone Universal is coming out within a month and they have a file system so you will be able to remove, add, and reorder very easily without too much difficulty:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320162

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement