Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone for ARMĀ® devices - Manual control of the Power Out Jack
Greg A. Aug 18, 2015 at 12:37 PM (12:37 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I have a few questions regarding the Cyclone for ARMĀ® devices:

What is the max output current for the Power Out Jack when jumpered from the Cyclone Internal Power? (Limited by the switching relay specs?)

Can I set the Power Out Jack voltage manually?

Can I set the Power Out Jack to be always on and still be able to switch the TVCC pin?

The reason I ask is I am working on a test fixture which will contain a Cyclone programmer and several other items. I want to use the Power Out jack to power one of the other devices (not the programming target) to reduce clutter. So ideally I can set the Power Out Jack to 5V always on and still be able to switch power to the target device via the Target Power Pin (TVCC).

Comments

• > What is the max output current for the Power Out Jack when jumpered from the Cyclone Internal Power? (Limited by the switching relay specs?)

The Cyclone can safely provide a bit over 0.5 A internally to the power out jack. How much current do you think your board will draw max?

> Can I set the Power Out Jack voltage manually?

You can enter a specified voltage manually in the Image Creation Utility.

> Can I set the Power Out Jack to be always on and still be able to switch the TVCC pin?

I don't think you can independently switch the power out jack and TVCC. Basically, it shares the same voltage generation circuitry. Let me check with the design engineer.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement