Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Multilink Universal not able to update the driver software
prassana d. Jul 25, 2015 at 01:22 AM (01:22 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Dear all,

I bought the USB Multilink Universal which will support for 7 different cores. But I am using for HCS08 and DSC core. The multilink is perfectly working for HCS08 Core but while I am trying to debug the code to the DSC controller the multilink is trying to update the firmware but finally it is showing that, failed to update the firware.

I have checked the hardware and Internet connections all are working fine. So, will you please suggest me how to trouble shoot it.

Comments

• Greetings,

Which DSC software are you using? Is it PROG DSC?

Could you use the multilink universal resource CD and see if you are able to switch the firmware to DSC? Then try the DSC software and let me know if it works:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

Takao Yamada

• Dear Takao Y,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I tried in a way which you suggested. still it is not working. It is showing the error window as Flash erase failed. Result = $1751Firmware update failed.

Am using code warrior 10.4 Version for our applications, the multilink version is Rev.C and I am trying to debug the code directly to the DSC. Will you please help me to find what might be the problem. Thank you

• Greetings,

You need to update to CodeWarrior 10.6 with update #4 (10.6.4) for the rev C to work properly. The old software does not recognize your hardware. Please update and let me know if all the problems are gone.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement