Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PE Micro Multilink Rev C Can't communicate with the target processor
Lucian G. Jul 23, 2015 at 11:07 AM (11:07 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I've received the PE Micro Multilink Universal. I've run the setup from the CD it comes with, it successfully updated the Multilink's firmware.
    When I try to debug my micro ( Kinetis E, with power provided from the multilink) it fails both in IAR :
    "Can't communicate with the target processor! Please check your connections between the cable and the target and make sure target has power"
    and in KDS :
    "An error occured while connecting to the interface hardware or target specified in the Launch Configuration Dialog...." It sees the debugger but can't get to the target.
    In both cases the orange LED stays Off.

I also own a PE micro Multilink FX. With the FX one. It work perfectly both in IAR and KDS, as soon as I press debug the orange LED goes off and it debugs my micro.

Therefore the problem is not within the project setup and the hardware interface, as the same setup works perfectly with FX. Also I doubt that the problem is in the Multilink Universal firmware as I've updated with the CD it came with.

I can't find the solution to use PE micro multilink universal, please help.

Comments

• Greetings,

The orange LED indicates the multilink is either providing power or it detects power on your board. For the Multilink Universal, it cannot provide power, so it can only detect power. If it is always off, then that means your board is not powered! The multilink universal FX can provide power and this may be the reason why it can program your board.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• All Solved, Thank you

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement