Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
USB HCS08 Multilink Rev C and Windows 7
Paul P. Jul 2, 2015 at 07:40 AM (07:40 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I'm trying to run prog12z on a newish Windows 7 machine. I've installed the drivers and Device Manager says everything is OK. I then run prog12z (version 1.88.00.00) which brings up the PEMICRO Connection Manager. If I hit the Refresh List button I get the message "Undetected Disconnect/Connect USB cable. Click Refresh List". If I then move the Multilink to my XP machine and run prog12z (same version)the Refresh List works OK. Is this a Windows issue?

Blue and Yellows LEDs are on when I connect to Windows 7 amd XP machines.

Please assist!

Regards

Paul Pearson
    Electro-Detectors Ltd

Comments

• Greetings,

This indicates an old software issue. Software built before year 2010 has issues with working with Windows 7 and 64-bit machines. The reason for this is the libraries used in old software was 32-bit, while the newer software is 64-bit. Please check your software last-modified date and see when it was last built. If before year 2010, then you need to upgrade your software.

Our software upgrade policy is you get free updates within a year of purchase. Within 2 years you can get a 50% discount on upgrades. If you believe you are entitled to a discount, please let me know of the order/invoice number of your software purchase. Otherwise, you will have to purchase a new license:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=49

Takao Yamada

• Hello Takao,

>>> Please check your software last-modified date and see when it was last built

The prog12z.exe Date Modified is showing as 23/10/2008 and my last purchase was over 5 years ago, so it looks like I fall into the 'purchase a new license' category?

Thanks for your assistance.

Paul Pearson

• Greetings,

Yes you will need to purchase a new license to upgrade your software. You will not need to upgrade your hardware.

The new software will work in Windows 7/8.1 and we have tested against beta of Windows 10.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement