Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
USB HCS08 Multilink Rev C and Windows 7
Paul P. Jul 2, 2015 at 07:40 AM (07:40 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I'm trying to run prog12z on a newish Windows 7 machine. I've installed the drivers and Device Manager says everything is OK. I then run prog12z (version 1.88.00.00) which brings up the PEMICRO Connection Manager. If I hit the Refresh List button I get the message "Undetected Disconnect/Connect USB cable. Click Refresh List". If I then move the Multilink to my XP machine and run prog12z (same version)the Refresh List works OK. Is this a Windows issue?

Blue and Yellows LEDs are on when I connect to Windows 7 amd XP machines.

Please assist!

Regards

Paul Pearson
    Electro-Detectors Ltd

Comments

• Greetings,

This indicates an old software issue. Software built before year 2010 has issues with working with Windows 7 and 64-bit machines. The reason for this is the libraries used in old software was 32-bit, while the newer software is 64-bit. Please check your software last-modified date and see when it was last built. If before year 2010, then you need to upgrade your software.

Our software upgrade policy is you get free updates within a year of purchase. Within 2 years you can get a 50% discount on upgrades. If you believe you are entitled to a discount, please let me know of the order/invoice number of your software purchase. Otherwise, you will have to purchase a new license:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=49

Takao Yamada

• Hello Takao,

>>> Please check your software last-modified date and see when it was last built

The prog12z.exe Date Modified is showing as 23/10/2008 and my last purchase was over 5 years ago, so it looks like I fall into the 'purchase a new license' category?

Thanks for your assistance.

Paul Pearson

• Greetings,

Yes you will need to purchase a new license to upgrade your software. You will not need to upgrade your hardware.

The new software will work in Windows 7/8.1 and we have tested against beta of Windows 10.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement