Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
S12G programming with USB multilink, from S19?
Thomas D. May 13, 2015 at 01:46 PM (13:46 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I'm using the old CodeWarrior (5.x) which uses hiwave.exe and a USB multilink. Now I want to be able to program micros from S19. I found the S19 file in the bin directory of my project. But I can't see how Hiwave.exe or Codewarrior will program from the file. 

Anyone know how?
    Thx

Comments

• Greetings,

You cannot just program using an S19 using Codewarrior or Hiwave.exe. It has to be from a compiled project. Clicking on debug in Codewarrior which then opens Hiwave.exe is the only way to program.

If you wish to use a standalone flash programming software, then you can get our PROG12Z software. First you would need to convert your S19 file into PHY file format using the LOG2PHY utility, then get our PROG12Z software to program the PHY file.

Log2PHY utility:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=15

PROG12Z:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=49

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for your reply.

Here's the problem I am trying to solve. They have bought the programming device (USB Multilink) I have the source code. I want to send them an object file over the internet, not the source, so they can program.

Using Codewarrior/hiwave would be fine, but it doesn't seem like there is any way to program without having source code. So if I want to send someone any kind of object file (doesn't need to be S19) then it seems there is no command on either of those two programs that will skip the compile step and go straight to the program step. Is that right?

• Greetings,

Correct, just sending the S19 with Codewarrior or Hiwave is not going to work. You need a software like PROG12Z that just takes the S19 file and programs it. No need for any source code needed to program with PROG12Z.

(Note, they will need to still convert the S19 file into PHY file format using the LOG2PHY utility I posted earlier)

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement