Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Read Modify JTAG control registers MDM-AP on a K-61
Michael A. May 12, 2015 at 04:03 PM (16:03 hours)
Staff: Edison T.

• We have the Tracelink product and I am using it to debug a Freescale Kinetis K61.  I have it connected up using CodeWarrior and it works great to erase and program flash as well as debugging code, read and write registers, as well as, memory.  Outside of the ARM Cortex-M4 of the K61 is the JTAG debugging engine built around the Arm Coresight module.  In this JTAG module are two registers MDM-AP.control and MDM-AP.status.  I need to know how to read and write these registers.  It would be good if I could do this while in CodeWarrior.

Comments

• Greetings,

I am sorry no one has answered to your forum thread. Do you still have issues with using the tracelink?

Takao Yamada

• Yes I really still need the answer to this.  No one within your company has any experience with doing this?

• Hi Michael,

In the Registers view of CodeWarrior, there should be a category called "Debug Registers" that contains the two registers you are looking for. They are named "MDMAP_S" and "MDMAP_C". I was able to read and write these registers successfully in CodeWarrior 10.6.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement