Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Image Creation Utility Version 5.21.00.00 Error 54 error with elf image KL25
Eric H. May 12, 2015 at 12:00 PM (12:00 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am not able to create a Cyclone MAX SAP image using the ELF format for the KL25z64m4 Freescale micro. I keep getting Error 54: Error detecting settings for port/interface.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Eric Holland
    eholland(at)awtxglobal.com

Comments

• Greetings,

This usually mean that after you click on the "Store Image to Cyclone" that you are connecting to a cyclone that does not exist. What port are you using? Did you make sure the cyclone is connected?

If you do not have a cyclone but you still want to create an image, then click on "store image to disk" and it will save a SAP file onto your computer.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

I am clicking the "Store Image to Disk" button and still getting this Error 54. in Version 5.21.00.00 Cyclone Image Creation Utility you don't have the choice of which port you are using. It picks it based on the device selection.

I am not sure what I can do to get this to work?

• Greetings,

Could you go to Support Page -> Support Requests and create a ticket? I need some screenshots to really understand what is going on here.

Send me screenshots of your image creation with the error message, but move the error message so it does not cover up anything behind it.

Takao Yamada

• I have added in Support Request #22239

Thanks

• Just to close the loop:

I got the ELF file to work with image creation utility. There is a bug in the P&E micro Image creation utility software and it doesn’t like SAP files that start with USB. If you change the name to _USBxxxx.SAP then it works fine.

From Tech support.
    “This seems to be a bug in our software, if you change your image description to not start with the substring "USB" ex. "_USBHID6"the image will save just fine. I'll create a bug report and hopefully get this fixed in the next release.”

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement