Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Does Cyclone Max support Kinetis KEA64?
Jacky S. May 5, 2015 at 03:24 AM (03:24 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• We have one Freescale IC, S9KEAZN64AVLC, this is Kinetis KEA64 product family of ARM Cortex -M0+MCU, which is aimed for automotive markets. When i looked at Kinetis pinout of Cyclone Max, they are TDI, TDO, TMS, TCK(JTAG port),while i cannot see these ports(JTAG)on S9KEAZN64AVLC. So does Cyclone Max support S9KEAXN64AVLC?

Comments

• Hi Jacky,

The Cyclone Max supports the KEAZ64 and KEAZN64 families including the automotive qualified S variants. The KEA series uses SWD which require less debug signals. They are reset, SWD_IO, and SWD_CLK and are multiplexed with other GPIOs. You can find a table of the pin functions in the KEA64 Reference Manual.

The Cyclone Max can program via SWD with the provided adapter board which supplies a mini 20 and mini 10 port. The adapter board connects to Port E on the Cyclone Max. You can find pinouts starting on page 17 of the Cyclone Max user manual.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• I have reviewed the KEA64 reference manual too, and found Debug Access Port SWD. so SWD_CLK-> TCK, SWD_DIO->TCK,reset-> TRST, but how about TMS? which pin (multiplexed GPIO)connects with TMS?

• I have seen the connection of SWD port in the user manual. why i haven't seen it last week is because the user manual on my hand is not latest one. thanks

• If Cyclone Max supports this part, which port we need to connect with IC?

• Jacky,

Cyclone Max does support this part. The PORT on the cyclone max is PORT E.

Best,

Kevin

• Greetings,

Is this issue resolved? Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement