Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Does Cyclone Max support Kinetis KEA64?
Jacky S. May 5, 2015 at 03:24 AM (03:24 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• We have one Freescale IC, S9KEAZN64AVLC, this is Kinetis KEA64 product family of ARM Cortex -M0+MCU, which is aimed for automotive markets. When i looked at Kinetis pinout of Cyclone Max, they are TDI, TDO, TMS, TCK(JTAG port),while i cannot see these ports(JTAG)on S9KEAZN64AVLC. So does Cyclone Max support S9KEAXN64AVLC?

Comments

• Hi Jacky,

The Cyclone Max supports the KEAZ64 and KEAZN64 families including the automotive qualified S variants. The KEA series uses SWD which require less debug signals. They are reset, SWD_IO, and SWD_CLK and are multiplexed with other GPIOs. You can find a table of the pin functions in the KEA64 Reference Manual.

The Cyclone Max can program via SWD with the provided adapter board which supplies a mini 20 and mini 10 port. The adapter board connects to Port E on the Cyclone Max. You can find pinouts starting on page 17 of the Cyclone Max user manual.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• I have reviewed the KEA64 reference manual too, and found Debug Access Port SWD. so SWD_CLK-> TCK, SWD_DIO->TCK,reset-> TRST, but how about TMS? which pin (multiplexed GPIO)connects with TMS?

• I have seen the connection of SWD port in the user manual. why i haven't seen it last week is because the user manual on my hand is not latest one. thanks

• If Cyclone Max supports this part, which port we need to connect with IC?

• Jacky,

Cyclone Max does support this part. The PORT on the cyclone max is PORT E.

Best,

Kevin

• Greetings,

Is this issue resolved? Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement