Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
PROGPPCZ version 1.44 and win7x64
Phil H. May 1, 2015 at 05:57 PM (17:57 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have been using progppcz on winXP with no issues.  I need to upgrade to win7x64.  Downloaded version 11 of the drivers.  The installer for progppcz fails.  Progppcz is version 1.44.  Is there a minimum version of progppcz that I need to be compatible with win7?

Comments

• Greetings,

If you have a software that was built before the year 2010, then yes it will have issues working on Windows 7 and 64-bit machines.

This is due to the old 32-bit libraries found in our older software. We updated all of our software to use 64-bit compatible libraries to work with the newer operating systems.

Our software upgrade policy is if you purchase software within the last year, you get a free upgrade. If within 2 years, then you can get a 50% discount.

Check to see when the software was built and if before 2010 then you should look into purchasing a new software license from our website:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=121

Note, that parallel port support has been discontinued for 64-bit machines due to the lack of parallel ports on newer machines. If you have a parallel port interface, you should look into upgrading to a USB device. Let me know if you only have a parallel device and I can look into getting you a discount if you buy the software and hardware together.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement