Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PE Tracelink used with MK22FN1M0VLK12
Alex S. Apr 22, 2015 at 10:18 AM (10:18 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

We've just purchased a Tracelink to aid with our debugging efforts. Problem is that the "Enable Trace & Profile" checkbox in Codewarrior is greyed out and there's no way that I could find to enable it.

The tracelink works fine as a programmer/debugger.

Regards,
    Alex

Comments

• Greetings,

Not all ARM devices support ETM, which is the real-time trace you want to use with the Tracelink. All chips have ETB, which is why you are able to flash program and debug but there is no reason to get the tracelink to do this. Any of our hardware interfaces that support ARM can use the ETB.

Your chip you have specified does not have the required Trace CLK and 4 data pins to allow ETM support. This is why in Codewarrior it is greyed out.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you for the information. I find the lack of information on this subject (both from PE and Freescale) quite worrying. For example, the datasheet for the MCU lists all the 5 pins as being present.

Could you please direct me to the resources which list which Kinetis MCUs are supported by Tracelink?

Thank you,
    Alex Stefan

• Greetings,

Sorry I was reading the wrong chip reference manual. You are right that the K22FN1M0 does support the ETM and ETB. Therefore Codewarrior should be enabling this feature. Unfortunately, we have no control over that checkbox in Codewarrior to enable it. You need to contact Freescale to find out how you can get this fixed.

We do not have a list of MCU's supported by the Tracelink, but I can request our web developer to add this into our website.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement