Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Freescale MCP5604C - Shadow Flash programming using PROGPPCNEXUS
. Apr 22, 2015 at 07:43 AM (07:43 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi - I'm trying to program custom pcbs with Freescale MPC5604C micros on board, and I need to modify bits in the NVUSRO register, which is within the shadow flash segment.  When I try to program an S19 file with a line containing this address using Freescale_MPC5604C_1x32x128k_CFlash.pcp, it fails due to an address out of range; deleting this line in the S19 file programs its successfully, but I still need to change the contents of this register.  The help file (manual) does not mention shadow flash. I've looked through the forum postings for help, and can find various part answers, but can't find exactly how to do this.  Can you help, preferably with a batch file?
    Best regards
    Chris

Comments

• NB - I'm using a USB Multilink Universal, if it makes any difference

• Greetings,

You need to load the shadow flash algorithm. Use the CM command within PROGPPCNEXUS to change the algorithm. You should find a shadow flash folder within the algorithms list. Each chip has its own shadow algorithm.

You should create a separate S19 file that handles the shadow flash. Please note, that when erasing the shadow flash you are erasing the security password and settings. You must reprogram these bytes and password before you reset the chip. Otherwise, your chip will be permanently secured and there is nothing we can do to get it back.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement