Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone for Arm error $7009 after upgrading firmware from 1.43 to 1.56
Matthew S. Feb 19, 2015 at 03:56 PM (15:56 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am using the Cyclone for Arm to program a Kinetis K60. Cyclone has been working great for several months. Updated firmware today to match a 2nd recently purchased Cyclone at 1.56. Now when creating SAP image then programming it I get a $7009 error. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Greetings,

Error $7009 means trim value is invalid, blank, or zero. Check the custom trim value setting within the image creation utility and make sure it is within valid range. Are you using the PT command in your list of commands?

Takao Yamada

• I'm using the default Trim Control (32768.00), i.e box is unchecked.

Programming commands are the default for freescale_k60fn1m0m15_1x32x256k_pflash.arp

CM
      SS
      EM ;Erase Module
      BM ;Blank Check Module
      PM ;Program Module
      VM ;Verify Module
      VC ;Verify Checksum
      PT ;Program Trim

• Correction, I am getting error code $700A

• Greetings,

Try putting the PT command after the PM command. See if that makes a difference.

Is this the exact same image you had setup for earlier firmware version of the cyclone?

Takao Yamada

• I moved the PT command to after the PM command. I continue to get the $700A error.

Yes, same image as before the firmware upgrade.

• Greetings,

If you remove the PT command, do you see any errors? I just want to confirm this is a trim issue and no other commands.

Takao Yamada

• Yes, it does work correctly when removing the PT command.

• Greetings,

Sounds like a bug. Could you create a support request ticket? I will then forward this issue to our cyclone experts.

Takao Yamada

• Was this resolved? I am having the same issue with programs images and settings that previously worked fine on my PE Micro Cyclone max (Even after firmware and software update).

• Also, of note, the SOC work fine with my PE Micro multilink in direct mode.

• Greetings,

Could you create a support request ticket by going to Support Page -> Support requests. And then post the SAP image and a screenshot of the commands and settings you have set to create this image. We would like to investigate case by case of why this is happening.

Sometimes you will be forced to recreate the image because a command or setting had a bug and needs to be fixed by regenerating the image. We always do our best to be backwards compatible.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Was your question answered in the support request?

Takao Yamada

• I am not sure. We are discussing with the programming company right now. thanks for your help.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement