Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
problem with programming sap image onto STM32L100RB micro
Ran W. Feb 2, 2015 at 01:49 PM (13:49 hours)
Staff: Esteban G.

• Hey PE micro staff,

I was using the ST cyclone to program the sap image onto our product's STM32L100RB micro. The sap image included a bootloader s19 file and an operating system s19 file.

The operating system s19 file has gaps between its s19 records (by gaps I mean unprogrammed bytes). It seems that the cyclone's algorithm filled them with 0xFF although the micro's default value is 0x00. This surprised our bootloader and caused it to refuse to execute the operating system.

The algorithm I am using is ST_STM32L100RB_1x32x32k.arp. Does the algorithm fill the s19 gaps with 0xFF as default values? If so, could you guys release a new version of the algorithm or is there anyway to mitigate the issue?

Regards,
    Simon Wang

Comments

• To clarify, our bootloader validates the operating system by calculating a checksum, which is why different filler bytes make a difference.

• PE micro staff,

Any response or update on this?

Regards,
    Simon Wang
    Senior Project Electrical Engineer – Embedded
    Lutron Electronics Co., Inc.
    610-282-7114

• Greetings,

I am sorry no one has answered your question. Do you still need help with this issue? If so, please create a support request ticket and I will forward this to our Cyclone ST experts. Go to Support page -> Support tickets.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement