Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Trace with S12ZVM and P&E Multilink
Alberto L. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:05 PM (12:05 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,
    my question is very simple: where can I find documentation about how to use Eclipse interface to set up trace?
    I would like to deeply understand what options in Trace & Performance tab do and the meaning of toggle tracepoint A, B, C and D.
    Moreover, how can I rearm debug module to start a new trace?

Thank you very much.
    Regards.
    Alberto

Comments

• Greetings,

When you say Eclipse interface, do you mean Codewarrior or are you using your own Eclipse build? Currently only Codewarrior 10.x has support for trace when using our Tracelink product. P&E's multilink does not have the capability to capture trace. The multilink can do the basic debugging like run, step, and breakpoint.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

If you wish to capture external trace for ColdFire V2/3/4 or Kinetis architecture, then you should use our Tracelink product here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320147

Takao Yamada

• S12Z is not supported for trace, even with the Tracelink.

• Hi,
    I shouldd have given more details.

I am using Codeworrior 10.6 Eclipse plug in. In S12Z manual I found that there is DBG peripheral. A state machine for triggering trace is explained in its description.

Moreover, enablig trace from debug configuration I got some information about program counter jumps during execution.

What I did not get is how to fully control this feature because I did not find any specific help section.

• Greetings,

S12Z does support external trace. However, the problem is that Codewarrior did not implement the feature for external trace. Because of this, we did not create support for it either. Without the software support, you would have to parse the data yourself and it would be impossible to comprehend.

We do not have any plans to support trace for 12Z.

Takao Yamada

• Ok,
    I undersand. So there will be noo support for trace in S12Z.

Thank you for the information.

Regards.
    Alberto

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement