Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
LoaderLock exception with Cyclone Control DLL
Mike A. Jan 27, 2015 at 11:03 AM (11:03 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I have written a program to control Cyclone programmers in Visual Studio 2010 (VB.NET, .NET framework V2.0).  This works, but generates the above exception during the close_all_ports() function when running in the debugger, which my program calls when exiting.  I think this is probably benign in practice, but it would be better if this didn't happen.  Is there anything I should be doing in my code (other than turning off the exception) or is this a 'feature' of Cyclone_Control?

Thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• This is what I understand so far after doing some brief research on this issue. The Loader Lock is an internal lock managed by the operating system. The Loaderlock exception is thrown by the LoaderLock Managed Debug Assistant which is part of the .NET 2.0 framework.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms172219

"The loaderLock managed debugging assistant (MDA) detects attempts to execute managed code on a thread that holds the Microsoft Windows operating system loader lock. Any such execution is illegal because it can lead to deadlocks and to use of DLLs before they have been initialized by the operating system's loader."

This issue is system and timing dependent and we would need to look at your call stack to determine the thread that is causing the exception.

• Greetings,

I am sorry no one has answered your question. Were you able to get this issue resolved?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement