Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PROGPPCZ - Cyclone Max Cannot connect to Target SPC5606S
George D. Jan 8, 2015 at 07:53 AM (07:53 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have tested the JTAG interface using the Lauterbach debbuger MPPC5500 and can attach and program without issues. Therefore I am confident that the JTAG interface/target power is ok. 

Reviewing the Cyclone Max reference manual all of the pins match the PORT B connector description with the exception of PIN 13 (RDY). This is attached to a Testpoint and floating, is this required? If so what is the requirement (PU, PD...)?

The error message I get when attempting to connect(Reset) is
    "Cannot communicate with target processor! Please check your connections between the cable and the target and make sure the target has power"

Pin 1 of the Cyclone Max supplied 14-pin cable (red stripe) is connected per the reference manual, exiting toward the display side of the Cyclone Max.

Comments

• Greetings,

You are using the wrong software. For MPC5xxx you need the software PROGPPCNEXUS.

Since you have the cyclone max software package, you already have the PROGPPCNEXUS software. Let me know if this solves your problem.

Takao Yamada

• I can now connect. The only active command is RE Reset chip. If I execute it the message "Cannot enter background mode. Check Connections" is displayed.

• I am choosing the Freescale_MPC5606S_1x32x128k_CFlash1.pcp algotithm file. Is this correct?+

• Greetings,

Depends on what flash you are trying to program. If CFLASH, then yes you selected the right algorithm file.

If you are still having issues with communication, you should restart PROG software and lower the shift frequency setting to a slower speed. This should improve communication.

If you do not know how to use PROG, then lucky for you the software package comes with Help files and user guides.

Takao Yamada

• Takao,
    We can close this issue. I downloaded the new Cyclone Max SE and which updated the module from 7.76 to 7.85. I was able to erase, program and verify after this. FYI, the MPC5606S PCP script files were not in the latest SW load. I did have these stored in a separate directory.

• Greetings,

The PCP files are there, but the folder structure has changed in the latest version of the cyclone max software. The CFLASH and DFLASH algorithms still exists.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement