Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
USB-ML-MON08 v USB-ML-UNIVERSAL
Michael F. Dec 8, 2014 at 03:24 PM (15:24 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,
    Apologies if this has been covered before, but I couldn't seem to locate a thread on it.. anyhow, my question(s):

1. I need to modify/develop some new code on a legacy product which uses several MC908GP32CFBE processors. It seems that use of the USB-ML-MON08 is the recommended interface for these. Will the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL also work to develop/debug/program these devices?

2. Would the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL provide faster debug/download times? Does it provide additional debug capability with these devices that the USB-ML-MON08 doesn't support, like multiple breakpoints, more HW/register access, higher speed stepping, etc? I know the UNIVERSAL model supports many other processor types, and could be useful in other projects, but for now I am concerned with functionality with the MC908GP32CFBE devices in particular.

3, The USB-ML-12product supports a number of hcs08 and s08 controllers, but it does NOT support the MC908GP32/MC68HC908... correct?

Many thanks in advance for any help/clarification - I'm trying to figure out the best tool to order that can work with our cosmic software tools.
    -Mike F

Comments

• Greetings,

1) Currently only the Cyclone Pro and the USB-ML-MON08 are the only hardware that supports the Mon08 devices. So no, the USB-ML-Universal will not work.

2) Hardware breakpoints are limitations on the chip, not on the multilink. Software breakpoints, however, is limited by the software. Not in the multilink. Again, USB-ML-Universal will not work with MON08 chips.

3) Correct, USB-ML-12 does not support Mon08.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you very much for your speedy help!

Mike F

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement