Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
How can i read out flash content from MPC5643L
Jürgen S. Nov 28, 2014 at 09:15 AM (09:15 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Is it possible to read out the flash content directly into the standalone cylone max programmer.
    If not with which PC tool can i read out the flash content.
    When i use the software progppcz_max.exe with the upload feature i get the error message "Selected command is not active for this module" ???
    What is the solution for reading the flash content ?

Thanks in advance
    Jürgen

Comments

• Now the reading of the flash content is working for the uC "MPC5643L" with help of the program "progppcnexus_max". If standalone readout only with cyclone max is not possible this would be a workaround.
    But i also need to read the ST uC "SPC56EL70". Here it get the following error message: "Error loading .pcp file: ST_SPC56EL70_1x32x512k.pcp" at address 00300280

But programming of this uC with this .pcp driver works fine.

How can i read out this ST uC ???

Thanks in advance
    Jürgen Schmiederer

• Greetings,

To upload data you need to use the PROG software. You seem to have figured it out already. There is no standalone way to read the data because standalone is for programming only. Not for reading and saving data. Data saved in the cyclone must be a image generated by our image creation utility.

SPC56EL70 is supported in software version v1.47. Make sure you have a version that supports it. Are you actually connected to a SPC56EL70 chip, or the MPC5643L when loading this algorithm?

Takao Yamada

• Hello Takao,

i have version 1.40. Maybe thats the problem.
      How can i get v1.47 ?
      Is there a update available on your internet page ?

Thanks Juergen

• Greetings,

You should download our demo software package here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=194

Note, this demo software is code-size limited, but at least you should be able to upload module with the software. See if this fixes your issue. If you are satisfied, you should look into purchasing the software.

Our software upgrade policy is you get free software upgrades within a year of purchase. If within 2 years of purchase, you can get a 50% discount on upgrades. Otherwise, you will need to pay full price.

Takao Yamada

• Hello again,

this update software works fine.
      I want to buy it but i do not know exactly how long i already have my cyclone max. It is around one year, can i give you something like a serial number to check how old it is and for what price i get this software update ?

• Greetings,

Software for Cyclone max is free! Sorry I forgot you had a cyclone max. You can always download our software on our downloads page:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=290

Takao Yamada

• Great,

thanks a lot.

Jürgen Schmiederer

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement