Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
SPC5674 programming
Decryptor T. Nov 3, 2014 at 09:23 PM (21:23 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello!
    Dealing with an SPC5674F.
    The board has a pad for a nexus3 connection and a 10 pin (2x5) jtag
    This is the pin out SUPPOSEDLY
    Does this match up to any other Jtag ports?
    http://imgur.com/jMaxujd

Comments

• Greetings,

Your 10-pin JTAG is customized to reduce the pin count. Normally you need a 14-pin connector, but there are a few duplicate signals or no-connects. So the board designer must have reduced it but all the pins you do need are there.

However, this would mean you would have to create your own ribbon cable to work with P&E hardware tools. Read the reference manual for the P&E hardware you have and you will find the proper pin outs that we use.

Here are some download links to our manuals for your convenience:

USB Multilink Universal [FX]:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=376

Cyclone Max:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=148

Takao Yamada

• This is what I thought then.
    I used to use lots of Jtag tools many years ago but have not been involved with many emebedded electronics in a while.
    With a USB multilink, and PROGPPCNEXUS, do you think I will be able to easily dump the flash from the cpu? Or will custom scripting and intricate knowledge of the cpu be needed?

• Greetings,

No intricate knowledge is needed. You have the right software and hardware. All you need to do is get a ribbon cable that connects one-to-one between the board and the P&E hardware. (Note, keep the cable within 6 inches of length. Any longer and you will introduce noise)

With PROGPPCNEXUS, you will need to attempt to connect to the chip and load the correct algorithm. This algorithm is based on the chip you are trying to program or upload data. You should find out the chip part number and find an algorithm that best matches that.

Finally, use the command "Upload module" to dump the flash contents from the CPU.

Now there may be one thing you may run into is if the chip is censored. This means you need a password to be able to access the chip's flash. If this chip you are trying to access is not a chip you or your company developed, then it is possible that the chip may be censored.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any luck on your project? Have you been able to dump the flash contents?

Takao Yamada

• I must oredered the Multilink universal. WIll be purchasing the software and trying it soon. Might have to wait till after vacation but I will keep in touch

• I am going to be finally attempting this, this week. I have a 2x5 pin header that also features a watchdog diable circuit. I have all the diagrams for the board/circuit diagrams. Wondering if someone there might be able to take a quick look at two PDF pages for me. Looking for advice on how to handle this watchdog system. Email me and I will reply with PDF pages.
    decryptortuning@gmail.com

• Greetings,

Is the watchdog on a system bus chip? You are welcome to create a support request ticket and attach the PDF files. Just put my name in your ticket description and I will be able to find it.

Takao Yamada

• Sir,
    I have done so under ticket 21736

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement