Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
FRDM-KL25Z is not responding
Gabriel B. Oct 31, 2014 at 10:16 PM (22:16 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• When I plug the FRDM in my pc, it don't respond but, when I plug in while the reset button is pressed it responds and opens the bootloader on the pc. What could I do to fix this problem?

Comments

• This problem started while I was following the instructions to iniciate the FRDM

• Greetings,

This is a known behavior with users trying to use older OpenSDA firmware on a newer Windows 8 operating system. The way Windows 8 enumerates USB devices has changed and this involves needing to update the bootloader of your device. Unfortunately, you will need an XP, Vista, or Windows 7 machine to fix this problem.

Please go to http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/ and download the latest firmwares. Find the OpenSDA_Bootloader_Update zip file and extract the file.

When in bootloader, drop this bootloader update file into the device. Note, this will erase everything else on the board as well. Once this is loaded, disconnect and reconnect the device back into bootloader mode. Now it is updated and ready to receive a MSD-DEBUG app specific to your board.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Were you able to get your OpenSDA working?

Takao Yamada

• yes

• thanks

• im having the same original problem, in a win 8.1, i drop the bootloader update file but it doesn't erase nothing, and for this it doesnt make any change on the openSDA, im wondering if i can delete the files by myself and then drop the bootloader update. just asking before i screw up something, hope anyone can help me.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement