Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone using Cyclone Launch blank after "Programming"
Mike G. Oct 29, 2014 at 07:00 AM (07:00 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hello guys!

Just had issues with a Cyclone using Cyclone Launch. We're using this device as a programmer on ICT tester. Every cycle, the sequence at the first time, confirm that proper image is proper loaded, if doesn't exist, is being loaded. After that starts the programming.

We're using 4 Cyclones performing the same sequence. After programming, sequence looks for the success for each programming.

But the problem is that randomly, one of the Cyclones, "appears" to program very quick and shows the "sucess" status, but after manual verification is still empty.

Anyone with the same situation or how to fix or confirm proper programming?

Thanks!

Mike

Comments

• Hi Mike,

There hasn't been any other reports of similar issues by other Cyclone Launch users. Are you seeing the false SUCCESS status randomly on all your Cyclones or is it one particular unit?

The proper way to confirm if a device was programmed is to have the Verify Module or Verify Checksum commands in your sequence. If the chip is blank or was not programmed completely, the Cyclone will give a verification error.

Which Cyclone are you using? I think the first step is to make sure you have the latest Cyclone Launch and also firmware on the Cyclone.

If you can figure out how to consistently reproduce this issue, it will go a long way to help us resolve it.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the reply.The SUCCESS status follows a single Cyclone. After a hard reset (power cycle) to the cyclone, it goes to normal work.

Let me confirm if a VM or VC was included on the sequence, since we're manufacturing, the owner of the firmware must provide this feature. We're using few months used cyclones and looks like latest version is installed.

I'm looking to reproduce the failure and once I get this, I'm back to further steps to follow up and diagnose.

Thanks!

Mike Gaytan

• Hi Mike,

Do you have any additional information for me?

Did you confirm if VM or VC is in your programming image?

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• Greetings,

Is this issue resolved?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement