Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone for ARM programming port switching
Mike A. Oct 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM (10:23 hours)
Staff: Huajun L.

• I need to program a product which has a Kinetis and an ST micro.  Obviously I could switch the ports on the target between a single port on the Cyclone for ARM, but I wonder if it is possible to connect one processor's port to (say) the mini-10 pin port and the other processor's port to the mini-20 pin port on the Cyclone for ARM?  This would avoid the need for some relays in my fixture.  I think that the Cyclone switches between its ports depending on the settings in the image creation utility rather than them all being connected in parallel?

Thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• Hi Mike,

All port signals with the same name are connected together. e.g. the first 10 signals of a mini-20 port are exactly the same as a mini-10 port. So unfortunately you will have to do some switching.

Best Regards
    Huajun

• OK, but slightly surprising because if I use the image creation utility to create a SAP file and leave it's port setting at the default, it fails with error 7 when my target is connected to the mini-10 SWD port.

Mike.

• Hi Mike,

It depends on the port settings. If you configure SAP file with JTAG, but use mini-10 port as SWD (i.e. if you don't have all JTAG signals connected), it will fail with error 7.

Best Regards
    Huajun

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement