Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Cyclone for ARM programming port switching
Mike A. Oct 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM (10:23 hours)
Staff: Huajun L.

• I need to program a product which has a Kinetis and an ST micro.  Obviously I could switch the ports on the target between a single port on the Cyclone for ARM, but I wonder if it is possible to connect one processor's port to (say) the mini-10 pin port and the other processor's port to the mini-20 pin port on the Cyclone for ARM?  This would avoid the need for some relays in my fixture.  I think that the Cyclone switches between its ports depending on the settings in the image creation utility rather than them all being connected in parallel?

Thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• Hi Mike,

All port signals with the same name are connected together. e.g. the first 10 signals of a mini-20 port are exactly the same as a mini-10 port. So unfortunately you will have to do some switching.

Best Regards
    Huajun

• OK, but slightly surprising because if I use the image creation utility to create a SAP file and leave it's port setting at the default, it fails with error 7 when my target is connected to the mini-10 SWD port.

Mike.

• Hi Mike,

It depends on the port settings. If you configure SAP file with JTAG, but use mini-10 port as SWD (i.e. if you don't have all JTAG signals connected), it will fail with error 7.

Best Regards
    Huajun

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement