Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Programming STM32L100RC with Cyclone Arm
Mike A. Oct 14, 2014 at 09:14 AM (09:14 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Using a Cyclone for Arm I would like to be able to program the flash and eeprom in the above using a single image.  However, there are separate algorithm files for the flash and eeprom sections of the device.  Is it possible to create a script which can do this?  As it stands, if I specify the ST_STM32L100R8_1x32x16k algorithm, it errors because our image also contains data for the eeprom.

Thanks for any advice,

Mike.

Comments

• Mike,

SAP images can contain more than one algorithm. You can turn off the address out of range errors by going to Options -> Ignore Address Range Check.

I suggest the following sequence:

CM EEPROM algorithm
      SS program.S19
      EN
      PM
      VC
      CM Flash algorithm
      SS program.S19
      EN
      PM
      VC

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• Johnny,

Thanks for the reply. I found that advice in your FAQ after I posted my question, but it doesn't get me completely where I want to be; at present we have a single s-record file containing the data we want to program, but we would have to split it to use your suggestion. Although that's possible, it does add other complications to our production processes as it's another file to control etc.

Mike.

• Mike,

You don't need to split the srecord if you turn off the address range errors.

Options -> Ignore Code Address Range Check Error.

If you would prefer a single algorithm, you can submit a request using the following link and one of our engineers will check if that is possible.

http://www.pemicro.com/SRS/create_SR_flashAlgRequest.cfm

Regards,
          Johnny
          P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement