Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
ARM pinout connection
ben . Oct 1, 2014 at 08:56 PM (20:56 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am having trouble figuring out the proper pin-out connection to a KL16 32 pin kinetics mcu using the Multilink universal. Can I use any of the port B, port F, or port G connections? I am also having difficulty figuring out which pins the TDO and TDI correspond to on the chip. Are pins RESET and TRST connected to the same pin on the MCU? I can not find which pins these correspond to in the spec sheet. Can someone please help? The data sheet is at the following link with pin outs on page 170.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/ref_manual/KL16P80M48SF4RM.pdf?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Reference%20Manuals&WT_VENDOR=FREESCALE&WT_FILE_FORMAT=pdf&WT_ASSET=Documentation&fileExt=.pdf

Thanks

Comments

• Greetings,

Are you trying to design your own board? Have you tried any of the demo or evaluation boards from Freescale? Look at examples that Freescale has already designed with their Freedom boards so you have an idea of how to design your own boards with suggested circuitry. I highly suggest buying their Freedom boards that costs $15 per board. You can use the multilink universal but you will need to solder on 10-pin headers onto the boards. Go to their downloads and get the FRDM-KL26Z schematics:
    http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FRDM-KL26Z

(Note, KL26 is just the superset of the KL16 so base your examples off this. Your chip will have fewer peripherals)

You will need to use SWD protocol for the L-series Kinetis chips. Therefore instead of looking for TDI and TDO pins, you should be looking for SWD_DIO, SWD_CLK, RESET, VDD, and GND pins. You will be most likely be using Port G (10pin mini) of the multilink universal.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Did I answer your question?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement