Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
P&E USB driver licensing issue / USB driver did not initialize (20000009)
. Sep 30, 2014 at 11:38 AM (11:38 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I just bought a Multilink Universal revB, installed the drivers (v11, installed before plugging in the Multilink), and tried to use it with Hiwave to program a board, but get a popup box that says There is a P&E USB driver licensing issue on your machine.  Please download and install the latest drivers from :......", and in the hiwave window I get the following: 

"Windows NT detected.
    Notice - Cyclone Pro/Max USB driver did not initialize. (20000009)
    - Library=C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.3\prog\WDAPI900.DLL
    Device is 9S08DZ128.
    Mode is In-Circuit Debug.

I have been using the Rev A version successfully in Windows XP mode of Win7 (because of no Win7 driver support for Rev A), but purchased a Rev B so I could use it in Win7.

Comments

• Greetings,

Sounds like a CW6.3 patch is needed. We have an unofficial patch that updates the DLLs for Codewarrior 6.3 to help support Windows 7 64-bit machines. This patch will also help your Rev A version to work with Windows 7 without having to go into Windows XP mode.

You should get an email that you have a download on our website.

Takao Yamada

• After following your instructions and provided file to apply the driver patch, I successfully am able to use my Multilink Universal with Codewarrior 6.3.  Thanks for your help!

• Greetings,

I am glad the patch worked for you! Now I need to help others to get their setup working.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,
      I have simillar issue, getting Notice cyclone pro/max usb driver did not initialize (20000021) runnig REVB USB multilink on win 10. I downoladed newest drivers from your site with no success.
      Could you help ? I am on the site on Maldives and need to solve the this.
      Regards
      Filip Langer
      langer@avalon.cz

• Recently, I bought a TWR-S08UNIV-DEMO, but I've never been able to connect to the CodeWarrior version 6.3. I have the following message:

Driver DLL 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for
    Microcontrollers V6.3\prog\gdi\OSBDM_S08.dll or one of its
    components not found or loaded.
    System Error 126: No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado.

Is it possible that patch you have mentioned correct my problem?

Geetings,

Bernardo Morales

• Greetings Bernardo M.,

I have sent you an email with the patch. Please read the instructions and use the files to patch up your Codewarrior. Let me know if this is successful.

Takao Yamada

• Dear Mr. Yamada, first thank you very much for answering my request. Excuse me for the delay in responding, but I was out of town. I just installed the patch as instructed in readme.txt and unfortunately the problem remains the same.   My CodeWarrior is v6.3 under Win7 64bit. 

I've checked the folder mentioned by the error message and the file 'OSBDM_S08.dll' referred to is there, so I don't know what is happening.

Thank you very much for your help,

Best regards,

Bernardo Morales

• Greetings,

Make sure you have all of the latest patches for your Codewarrior. Check this website and download the "CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers v6.3.1 Patch":
    http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_UPDATES_MCU_63&fsrch=1&sr=3&pageNum=1

Then try the P&E patch I gave you again just to make sure none of the files got overwritten. Also make sure to download the latest drivers from us at this page:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=301

Takao Yamada

• I followed the steps you indicated to me step by step, and the result has been exactly the same. I have installed CodeWarrior V10.6 and my board works perfectly. It seems the new boards with OSBDM will not work definitely more with CodeWarrior V6.3, or at least not on my computer :)

Thank you very much for the help you have given to me.

Greetings!

Bernardo Morales

• Greetings,

Are you using both the multilink and the embedded OSBDM? This may confuse the IDE because you are trying to use two separate interfaces to do the same job. If you are going to use the multilink, do not have the OSBDM connected. Use a different external power source.

If you are using only OSBDM, make sure you have the latest firmware for OSBDM. From using Codewarrior 10.x, you should have the latest firmware version and it should work fine in CW6.3 as well.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Mr Yamada, Greetings!

I don't have a Multilink programmer; I'm only using the embedded OSBDM programmer on my board TWR-S08UNIV. I've already downloaded to that embedded OSBDM the latest firmware version. This only work with CodeWarrior V10x and with V6.3 does not work. I wonder why the patch does nothing to do with the specific file that are mentioned by the error message?

Driver DLL 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for
    Microcontrollers V6.3\prog\gdi\OSBDM_S08.dll or one of its
    components not found or loaded.
    System Error 126: No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado.

Best Regards!

Bernardo Morales

• Greetings,

The latest OSBDM will not work by default on CW6.3. Only our OSBDM firmware 30.21 will work. Unless you get our CW6.3 patch that I put together earlier this year. I sent you an email with the patch. Let me know if this fixes your issue.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings, Mr. Yamada. I just did a test putting back the OSBDM firmware 30.21 as you suggested me, and with or without the patch file, the result was the same as always. I had been previously tested with the latest OSBDM firmware 31.25 with and without the patch file (the one you sent me earlier), and the result is always the same. Later, when I can, I'll try to buy the USB Universal Multilink Programmer, since as I can see, that programmer can work with CodeWarrior V6.3. Thank you very much for your valuable time and help.

Best Regards!

Bernardo Morales

• Takao, can you please send me the patch again, I need to update another computer, and seem to have misplaced the email with the patch.
    Thanks!

• Greetings,

I have now placed the patches into an FAQ. Please read this and find which patch you need.

http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211

Takao Yamada

• I actually found these while waiting for your reply.

Problem is, the patch is not working on my other computer (I'll call it "my laptop". I get:

Loading Target ...
    Windows NT detected.
    Notice - Cyclone Pro/Max USB driver did not initialize. (20000021)
    - Library=WDAPI900.DLL
    Could not contact P&E Hardware Interface. Check Power and Connections.

Device is 9S08DZ128.
    Mode is In-Circuit Debug.
    IO registers loaded for MC9S08DZ128 from C:\TEMP\Hiwave\prog\REG\MCU1038.REG
    No Link To Target

Background: I had Codewarrior running on my laptop, but as a virtual XP machine. I had hiwave.exe running under Win 7. I would compile/link in CW with the virtual XP machine, then program the target with hiwave under win7. Obviously, I could not in circuit debug using this setup. So I could debug, I installed Codewarrior again, under 6.3, using some tricks that I had found on the internet (used previously on my desktop computer that has no PE micro connection issues).

Now, programming (using CW, or the hiwave program I used before) results in the error above. The blue and yellow (orange) lights are on. I have Multilink Universal Rev B. Win 7 Pro 64 bit. There are two entries under Jungo, the Universal Multilink 2.0 and Win Driver. I have updated the Multilink Universal driver to the most recent driver on the PE site.

When I right click on the WinDriver in device manager, the driver version is 11.1.0.0 8/26/2012. When I right click the USB Multilink 2.0, it has the same driver version but the date is 8/29/2012!!! (I just checked again to verify....) strange! If I right click and update driver software (automatically search web), the driver version and date doesn't change (it says my driver is up to date).

Please help, I have spent a half a day on this....

• Greetings,

The drivers look fine. We do not update our drivers often so a date like year 2012 sounds about right.

We cannot guarantee our drivers, software, or hardware will work in virtual machines. But I will do my best to assist you.

Our patch is unofficial, which means this is the farthest extent of our support are the files within the zip file. I have heard many success stories, but I have also found a few cases that it will not work. This is a workaround.

First of all, you should not be using CW6.3 and a virtual machine. Most people now have copied Codewarrior over to Windows 7 64bit and used P&E's patch to make it work natively on the host operating system. Please try this out and get yourself out of the virtual operating system.

But if you insist on using VM's, then next thing to do is make sure P&E drivers are installed on both the host AND virtual operating systems. If the host OS does not have drivers, then the computer itself will not be able to transfer the hardware from host into virtual.

Takao Yamada

• Takao -

I think you misunderstood me, as the purpose of this exercise was to transition FROM virtual XP TO Win 7 use of CW6.3. The CW installation part was successful except for the programming part was now broken. I was previously doing my builds and program using hiwave (separately from CW) under Win 7. It's the build part that broke after installing CW on Win7.

The good news is that I followed P&E's steps to Uninstall P&E drivers (using windows Add/Remove programs), deleted the drivers on my drive, and re-installed the drivers, and I now have communication between CW's programming utility (hiwave) and the P&E. Life is good again, on to the next challenge!! Thanks for your help.

Scott

• Hello,
    Recently CW6.3 install on W7 and install the driver for CYCLONE PRO PE. Everything was installed without inconvenience. The problem is when I want to debug from CW6.3 with CICLONE, this does not appear as an option Connection (via USB)
    The driver is properly installed CICLONE (JUNGO LTD Ver. 12.2.0.0)
    What can I do?

• Greetings,

Look at your project and make sure you are seeing "P&E Multilink/Cyclone Pro" as your option in the drop-down box. It should NOT say "Full chip simulation", or "SofTec", or "Open Source BDM".

Also, make sure you are able to connect to your cyclone using USB. Try using some of the utilities in the cyclone software and make sure you can connect and talk to cyclone.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Were you able to connect using CW6.3 and the cyclone?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement