Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
parallel port miltilink BDM
satya r. Sep 4, 2014 at 01:08 PM (13:08 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• i have a parallel port mulilink BDM which is purchased some time back, but my new pc does not have a parallel port.  How to solve this problem? Is it possible to interface to USB?

Thanks and regards,
    satya

Comments

• Greetings,

As newer computers drop the support for parallel ports, we advise that you use our USB multilinks for BDM instead. I suggest getting our USB Multilink Universal so that you can connect to many Freescale chip architectures:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320137

Takao Yamada

• one clarification is i want to know is, Does parallel to USB converter can be used for this purpose to interface with PC.

satya

• Greetings,

Currently there are no parallel port drivers in our latest Drivers version 11.1, which is needed to work on Windows 7 and 64-bit machines. But if you have an XP machine it should still work.

Since there are no drivers for parallel port, even if you switch from USB to parallel or vice versa using an adapter, it may have difficulty working. We cannot guarantee its success but you are welcome to try it.

Takao Yamada

• i am getting confused

one clarification
    my os: windows 7 32 bit
    parallel port: available
    can i use the parallel port bdm? If i cannot use it for lack of drivers for windows 7 32 bit, it is very unfair as now all the pcs are windows7. when can we expect the drivers for the same?

• Greetings,

With Microsoft and computer makers dropping support for parallel, it is advised from us that customers start switching over to USB-based interfaces. We soon plan to stop selling our parallel port multilinks due to the low demand and support.

Drivers 11 is to add 64-bit support for USB interfaces. We did not include any parallel port support. What you can try is trying out drivers version 9, which can still be downloaded from our website. See if you can get parallel port to still work on your Windows 7 32-bit machine:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• I tried connecting the parllel port BDM in both windows XP and windows 7 it is not able to connect to the micro. Just wanted to know if any support available in India to confirm that the unit is not damaged. Please help me. 

Satya

• Greetings,

For the XP machine, did you try the Drivers Version 9 that I told you to use? Go to device manager and look for "Jungo" -> "WinDriver" and see what version it is. If it says version 9 and you still cannot get the parallel port working, then you may need to chance some settings to get it working:
    http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=4

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• thank you so much for the help it is working in windows 7 machine after installing the driver.

regards,
      Satya

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement