Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Failed to initialize PEMicro interface DLL.
sree v. Jul 23, 2014 at 04:50 AM (04:50 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• while i debug the CAN code in IAR EMBEDDED WORKBENCH  .frequently compliler failed to initialize pe micro interface dll.  please help me to know the cause and how to solve this issue

debug settings as follows
    pemicro
    port-com1
    speed 5000khz
    hardware interface type: cyclone -serial

thanks in advance

Comments

• Greetings,

When a 3rd party software uses P&E's DLL, it is their responsibility to update their software to have the latest P&E DLL, which is used to support the P&E hardware. You will need to contact IAR to have them update the DLL within their software to support the latest operating systems and hardware.

Takao Yamada

• It is very likely you have an older version of the IAR software and you will need to work with them to update your software.

Takao Yamada

• can i manually incorporate the pe microinterface DLL to the IAR embedded workbench

is it possible?
    where i get pemicrointerface dll

• Greetings,

Please do not create another forum post with the same question. Lets not double my efforts to help you.

Another reason why the DLL may have not initialized is that your connection settings and hardware setup is not working. Has your serial connection worked before? Is this your first attempt at getting this to work?

Takao Yamada

• yes
    then if it is not correct please guide me what are the necessary things should i do to overcome the DLL isssue

• i checked the  hardware and s/w configurations and changed interface to USB multilink.  now i cannot single step the application

from log "Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:50:58: Failed to read one or more register values (busy).
    "
    what should i do to solve this issue?

• hi
    setup:
    board-k20d72m
    s/w - IAR embedded wokbench
    need to communicate with TWRK20D72M,

I am using k20 board , i need to download CAN code to the board. upon running the code got the following information in log

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21:09: Windows NT detected.
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:43: P&E Interface detected - Flash Version 31.21
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:46: Device is KINETIS.
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:46: Mode is In-Circuit Debug.
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:48: CPU reset by debugger.
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:48:
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:48: Software reset was performed
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:49: 12612 bytes downloaded (8.58 Kbytes/sec)
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:49: Loaded debugee: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\examples\can\flexcan\build\iar\flexcan_twrk20d72m\Debug\Exe\c.out
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:51: CPU reset by debugger.
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:51: Software reset was performed
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:51: Target reset
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24:51: Failed to read one or more register values (busy).

last log states that failed to read one or more registry values

PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE THE ISSUE

• Greetings,

Could you create a support request ticket via our support page? I would like to elevate this issue to our senior engineers. Within the ticket, please make sure to detail the IAR version and which P&E hardware interface you are using? That way we have the best chance of replicating the issue. I am assuming you are using the OpenSDA USB connection of the TWR board.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement