Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
J10 4-pin connector
Bernard S. Jun 22, 2014 at 05:56 AM (05:56 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi there,

I purchased the USB multilink universal to try connect to this 4-pin connector: https://dlnmh9ip6v2uc.cloudfront.net/assets/a/c/2/0/e/52f43f45ce395f8e448b4567.jpg. The full teardown is here: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/nest-protect-teardown/all and I believe this uses a custom Freescale Kinetsis K60.

But it looks like I could be way off the mark after buying the USB multilink universal.

Do you have any idea what 4-pin connector would be used for? Is the J10 text beside it anything to note?

Clearly, very new to all of this!

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Greetings,

Unfortunately, since it does not use a standard JTAG or SWD programming header, it may be a proprietary connector. You will need to get the schematic of this board or find out what pins are connected to what. You can use a multimeter and check for connectivity. And most likely the chip is secured so that you cannot steal anything off the FLASH.

You can definitely use the USB Multilink Universal to program the chip, but you will also need a software to interface with the multilink universal as it does not come with any software. Let me know if you need assistance here as well.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Were you able to resolve this issue?

Takao Yamada

• Hi there,

Thanks for getting back (twice!). I wasn't able to make any further progress as the schematics are unavailable and any attempts to get more information from Nest were refused. So all I have to go off is that tear-down which I showed you.

I guess I'm back where I was!

• Greetings,

Not surprised that Nest did not give you any more information. You are basically hacking their system and do not want to be responsible for it.

Unfortunately, you are going to have to figure this out on your own. I cannot help you hack anything because that is not what P&E is here to support. I can only help you if our hardware or software tools do not work and need help getting it fixed.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement