Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Write enable does not go low with PROG32Z and SST39VF020 Flash
Andy S. May 15, 2014 at 11:49 AM (11:49 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello!
    I'm trying to program two SST39VF020 Flash chips with a Freescale MC68LK332 CPU through PROG32Z. I've downloaded the SST_39VF020_1x8x256k.32p algorithm and the SST_39VF020_2x8x256k.32p algorithm, and tried both. However, the Write enable pin on the flash memory does not go low and PROG32Z is unable to program. Also, if I try to erase the memory, write enable still does not go low, yet PROG32Z tells me the erase operation was successful. A read operation tells me that it is NOT successful. Any read operation seems to work fine, since write enable does not need to go low for those operations to work.

I have tried other algorithms and I can see that write enable does go low, but the memory does not program. Write enable is tied to a 2.2K pullup, but seeing the pin pulled low with other algorithms has made me rule out the pullup as a cause for the problem.

However, my application may be unique in that I am using 2 flash chips with shared 16-bit address lines, and each chip handles 8 bits of data. Do I need a custom algorithm for this to work? Or am I using the wrong algorithm? Or is it something else entirely? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Andy Samuelson
    Pro-Dex OMS
    Beaverton, OR, USA

Comments

• Greetings,

I see that you have correctly created a custom algorithm request to get your issue resolved. I hope our algorithms engineers can get your problem resolved as soon as they can, however understand that we get many requests and it may take a week to get your custom algorithm created and tested.

I will be setting this forum thread as resolved for now since there is nothing more to be added here in the public setting.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement