Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Control of Tracelink with LabView
Jemiah A. May 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM (12:27 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I'm looking for information on using the Tracelink programmer with Labview to program and read the registers of a MKL14Z32VFT4 microcontroler. Ideally the interface between the LabView PC and the Tracelink would be over Ethernet but USB would work as well. Is there information published on the Tracelink API that can make this possible?

• Greetings,

We do not specifically support labView, but we do have solutions you could use to interface with it.

I need clarification when you said you wanted to program. Did you want to program the flash, or program/change registers?

If you want to program flash, you will need to use the PROG software for ARM Kinetis:

This purchase comes with two software: PROG is a GUI software which I suggest you use to make sure you can run it with no issues. CPROG is our command-line software that you can use to call from labView to automate the programming process by setting up commands and settings.

If you want to only change and read registers, then you need the Interface Library Routines for ARM Kinetis:

Let me know if you have any questions about these products. Both products work with the Tracelink. Note, however, that if you want the trace from the Tracelink you will need to use Codewarrior 10.x software. Otherwise Tracelink is just a programming/debugging interface. If you need hardware suggestions, let me know.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement