Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Freescale MC68331CPV25
Al M. May 5, 2014 at 05:08 PM (17:08 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Do you support programming the Freescale MC68331CPV25 processor? I did not see that processor listed in the flash programming algorithms and wonder if any of the listed ones are compatible.

Thanks

Comments

• Greetings,

We do support the MC683xx chips. Here is a website that details our development package:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320025

If you are not in need of all of that software and hardware, then hand-pick the software that you need from the list shown in the development package.

Takao Yamada

• I looked into the libraries and the closest chip listed is the 68333. Is this backward compatible to the 68331?

• Greetings,

The 68331 does not have internal flash. So what you should be looking into is what external flash chip you plan on programming and if we have an algorithm that can work with the 68331. If you search our algorithms for 683xx, look for any that have the term "331" in it. If you do not find an algorithm for your external flash chip, you should request one on our flash algorithms request with the schematic of how your chip is connected to the external flash.

Takao Yamada

• The flash chip with the boot appears to be an AMD AM29LV800DB-120WBI, which I didn't see on the list but I might be looking in the wrong place. I have a PDF of the schematic of how the flash is connected to the processor. Do you have an email address I can send it to?

Thanks

• Greetings,

You do not send it to me. You need to request a custom flash algorithm through our form online:
    http://www.pemicro.com/SRS/create_SR_flashAlgRequest.cfm

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Is there anything else I could help you with?

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

Not at this time. I need to do some more research with the circuit.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement