Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Controlling the power in CPROGACMP
Bill E. Apr 21, 2014 at 06:32 PM (18:32 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi.  I am using a Multilink Universal FX to program Freescale Kinetis parts in our lab using CPROGACMP scripts.  It looks like the power can be controlled since it the yellow light is OFF until I run the first programming script.  

I can not find any documentation that would allow me to turn off the power once programming is complete. Is there a way to do this?

What I'm asking for is a command to turn off the power in a sequence like this:

RE
    CM c:\pemicro\PROGACMP\Algorithms\freescale_k20dx128_pflash_dflash_eeprom_50mhz.arp
    SS xxxxxxx.s19
    EN
    PM
    VM
    RE
    xx <-- What can go here to turn power off to the device?

Thanks,

Bill

Comments

• Greetings,

With your software purchase, there should have been a documentation called "PROGACMP User Manual" in PDF format within the installed directory. Within this documentation, there is a chapter 7 on "Scripted Programming". Here, you can find all of the commands and settings you can set for CPROGACMP. If you are missing this document, you can download it from our website by going to the product page and searching for supported documents.

Instead of a command, what you are looking for is actually a setting. It is called ":poweroffonexit n", where n is 0 (turn power off) or 1 (keep power on). You should add this setting within the header of your CFG file.

I highly advise to remove "RE" commands in your command list. Selecting the algorithm (CM command) at the beginning already does a reset and doing another would be a waste of 2 seconds, and a reset at the end is also not necessary since you plan on powering off your device anyways. I just want you to have the experience of fast programming! RE command should only be used when you plan on leaving the power on and you want to run RAM tests after programming your flash.

Takao Yamada

• Thank you for your response and suggestions.  

Observation: The documentation states that powering off on exit is the default. But this was not the observed behavior until I specifically included the :poweroffonexit 0 command in the script.

Thanks again for your help.

Bill

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns? If not, then I can close this thread as resolved.

Takao Yamada

• No other questions or concerns.  Thanks.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement