Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
CPROGACMP version
Michael M. Apr 18, 2014 at 07:16 PM (19:16 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am wondering why there are different versions of [C]PROGACMP.

The package that I just purchased displays version 3.00.00.22.

However, using Keil uVision to program my target Freescale KL15Z128V, when CPROGACMP window opens, the version is 3.07.00.00.

I cannot locate the actual [C]PROGACMP program among the files supplied by Keil as part of their distribution, so I assume it is in a DLL somewhere.

Are there differences between the two versions? eg, Are any bugs resolved in the 3.07 version?

This is a separate topic, but I am including it as a rider: Could the different versions account for why I can have more than one instance of CPROGACMP running simultaneous going through Keil/uVision, but can only have a single instance running directly?

Michael

Comments

• Wow! No responses at all? Anybody have any suggestions?

• This may be an indication of why there is a problem running multiple Multilink units at once. There is no way in ProgACMP GUI to get to the PE Micro Connection Manager, where you select the particular programmer to use. My system has 4 Multilinks connected to it, if I have one powered, and the target device is also powered, that programmer will be selected. If no target is selected, eventually the PE Connection Manager window opens and I can select which of the 4 Multilinks to use.

The command-line I use to start CProgACMP, specifies the port as USB1, 2, ... But, does not have a direct connection to the serial number.

Any thoughts? Michael

• Summary of resolution:
    1. PEMicro Support resolved running multiple instances of CProgACMP.exe by telling me to start them from distinct directories. I have 4 sub-directories: C:\PEMicro\PROGACMP, PROGACMP2, PROGACMP3, PROGACMP4. I removed many of the extra files from the secondary directories. I call CProgACMP with specific paths to each.

2. The command-line for CProgACMP.exe actually has an undocumented format, which I discovered from the "showports" option to CProgACMP. The output file listed all 4 of my connected Multilinks on 2 lines, one with PORTS=USB[1|2|3|4] (as expected from the documentation) and the other with PORTS=serial_number. I tried the command-line with the PORTS=serial_number and, ta da, it was addressing the correct Multilink.

FWIW, there was never a response on the version number question. I am running with version 3.00.00.22.

• Greetings,

I am sorry that no one answered your questions on the forum. I see that you have asked a few of your questions on our support request system. I will do my best to resolve any problems you may still have.

The different version of PROGACMP has different bug fixes and new features to support the different flavors of Kinetis chips or P&E hardware. We are doing our best to keep a better change log. You can find our change log within each software product website, under version info. Here is the link to PROGACMP:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320138

Unfortunately, we do not have information of the difference between the two versions you have asked. Do you have problems running either versions?

We added the serial number as the parameter selection earlier this year instead of using USB 1,2, etc because it is difficult to know how the multilinks were enumerated. I hope this resolves your issue of being able to pinpoint which multilink.

Our software license policy and agreement (stated in the legal information when installing the software) states that the license is for a single user, and that license can only be ran in a single instance. By having multiple copies of the PROGACMP directory, you are running the CPROG software in multiple instances. This is against the software policy and it is not supported.

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• Thank you for the response. No additional questions at this time. I think any support requests should be closed. Best regards, Michael

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement