Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PPC
Varsha s. Mar 11, 2014 at 06:31 AM (06:31 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• We are using MPC5676R EVM (PPC architecture) as the target device and Qorivva USB Multilink Interface as a Debugger for one of our internal project.
    We have verified following tools… PPCNEXUSTARTER IDE and CodeWarrior IDE are both working fine with the set up (MPC + USB Multilink).
    However we have a different requirement. We want to debug the board remotely and would require GDB server for the same purpose. We observe that GDB server exists for Kinetis board but does not exist for MPC evaluation boards ?
    Can you please confirm if independent GDB server exists for MPC board ? If yes can you please provide us the licensing details ? Also let us know how to get the same ?

Comments

• Greetings,

Currently we do not have a GDB server for the Qorivva (MPC) chip architecture. We only have the GDB server for the Kinetis architecture.

Internally we are having a discussion of having one or not. The difficulty comes with the multi-core support. If anybody else is interested in this support, let us know. If there is any new information, I will let you know.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

I have no further news about GDB server for Qorivva. When and if we do support it, we will be sending newsletter to our email subscribers about it so that you are aware of it. We will post news on our front page as well.

Takao Yamada

• Good news. It will help my developments.

• Greetings,

Right now, the focus has been for GDB support in Kinetis ARM for Freescale's KDS (Kinetis Design Studio). Once that development is done, then we can expand to other architectures. Thank you for showing interest and the more interest is shown, the more I can bring up to the senior engineers to prioritize which chip architecture to support next.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement