Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Missing Links in Forum Searches, misleading Forum instructions
. Mar 7, 2014 at 06:27 AM (06:27 hours)
Staff: Jose E.

• I;m searching this forum to try and help a user on the Freescale ColdFire Forum.

I searched the Coldfire forum for "32 khz" and got two matches:

http://www.pemicro.com/forums/forum.cfm?forum_id=4&forum_topic_id=3437#c4112
    http://www.pemicro.com/forums/forum.cfm?forum_id=4&forum_topic_id=2051#c131

The first one is the one I'm interested in, but that link gives "Topic does not exist at PEMicro.".

Could you please fix the search and email me that post?

How can Search find it, but have it not exist? Something is wrong with the search, or things got lost during the latest "improvements".

Searching for "V1QE128" finds two issues, neither of which "exist" when clicked on.

I went to post this message in this forum as a "guest" as this forum is detailed as:

http://www.pemicro.com/forums/index.cfm

Pre-sales Support ...
    note that unregistered users may post in this forum

So when I tried to post without logging in it told me:

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

That's both a waste of time, a discouragement, and makes P&E look incompetent. Why would a potential new customer want to go any further and buy anything after that experience? Please fix.

So I went to log in and I think it then said my account didn't exist. It does exist, I just got the password wrong. I assumed the site way lying to me again and was able to get a new password sent.

Comments

• Hello,

First of all, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We recently upgraded our forums system to a new simplified, faster and easier-to-use one, but along the way we might run into a couple of bumps and we apologize for that.

Please note that we had to pause posts on the old forums systems fue to spam problems, so we decided to require users to login to comment. Do note however that you're not required to login to view posts. In your case, the first post you mentioned was probably deleted for whatever reason (contained spam, was fused with another one, etc).

If you need your password to be reset so that you may post comments in the forums, simply request a new password with this form (your email will be required): https://www.pemicro.com/login_password_recover_form.cfm

May I also suggest that once you login to your account, that you edit your account settings (by clicking on "My Account" on the top menu once you login), and specify your name? This way it will be easier and friendly for all of us here to help each other out.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience, and do note that we take your concerns seriously and deeply appreciate your business.

Best regards,

Jose

• Thanks for the rapid reply. That's encouraging.

? a couple of bumps and we apologize for that.

Does one of those "bumps" include having the Search find posts that the links don't work on?

Can you give your customers a schedule as to when this will be fixed?

> so we decided to require users to login to comment.

So please update the line on the Forums Page that says "Please note that unregistered users may post in this forum" to match your current policy. Or simply remove it.

> May I also suggest that once you login to your account,
      > that you edit your account settings ... and specify your name?

You may suggest that, but your Software won't let me do only that. It is NOT very polite. In BIG RED LETTERS it demands:

You must specify a First and Last Name. Please go back and provide one.

It rudely insists on a whole slew of personal details that you don't need and that I don't want to enter. Rather than be "Tom Anonymous, 3.14159 Anonymous St, Anonymous, Australia" I'll leave it unfilled.

Tom

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement