Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PKGCFZ-USB
John S. Jan 17, 2014 at 03:22 PM (15:22 hours)
Staff: Keith M.

• Have a windows 7 laptop and trying to run PKGCFZ-usb with the USBmilcfe rev d unterface,,,,cannot get it to communicate with target (MCF5206E  anyone done this successfully?

Comments

• Hi John,

Can you let us know which component of the PKG you're using and the version number? Thanks!

Sincerely,
      Keith

• coldfire debugger starter edition version 1.76.00.00

• I'm still trying to confirm whether an update to the latest version might solve your problem, will let you know as soon as I get more info. Sorry for the delay!

• Will this run on a windows 7 laptop?  I had to renew the license and do not want to lose it again trying it on a platform that wont support it

• It should  - go ahead and give it a try and if you run into trouble we can always issue you an extra activation.

• The laptop is a 64bit machine.  will this cause it to fail?

• Hi John - Johnny, who is helping you below, is in tech support and had the most expertise with this. He will be able to help you determine whether it is a software, hardware, or communications issue. Would you please confirm with him below that you can see the blue and yellow LEDs illuminated, and which communications speed you have already tried? He should be able to help you from here. He should be replying soon re: your speed question. Thanks very much.

• I  am getting both the blue and yellow lights.  connection manager is set to debug shift #11.  connection manager sees target as generic 52xx...its a MCF5206e.  status shows that it is unable to force into background mode.  usb mil 'jumper is set to no clock position

• Hi,

Is PROG detecting the USB-ML-CFE Rev D interface? If you only see Undetected next to Port, then you may need to update your software for Win7 or reinstall the drivers.

If the software does detect the multilink, then this is a hardware or communication issue.

1. Make sure that both the blue and yellow LED turn on. The blue LED means Windows is seeing the multilink and the yellow LED indicates that the target is powered on.

2. Try a very slow frequency in the Debug Shift Speed option that is in the connection mangaer. This option will help if we are talking too fast to the processor.

3 Are you using any customer cables or debug headers?

-Johnny
      P&E

• #3 should be "Are you using any custom cables or debug headers?"

• Johnny, please note that John gives the following answer above:

"I am getting both the blue and yellow lights. connection manager is set to debug shift #11. connection manager sees target as generic 52xx...its a MCF5206e. status shows that it is unable to force into background mode. usb mil 'jumper is set to no clock position."

If you could help him from here that would be great, thanks!

• We are not using any custom cables...plugging direct to the BDM header.

• how fast should I set this?

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement