Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
NVOPT programming problem
Alex o. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Hi,
    I made project for HCS08SH MCU, i use HIWAVE.exe and P&E USB MULTILINK (Flash ver 5.81).

I want to make all flash in mcu is secured by proggramm NVOPT by value xxxxxx11 at the same time the FLASH memory is programmed. As it discribed in datasheet.

But i can't to do this.
    I start proggramming mcu and at the same time as P&E programmer goes up to FFBE addres (it is NVOPT) i have get message:
    "Error during programming
    Error 18 during script"

It does not happening if NVOPT value is xxxxxx10 (unsecured)

What do i wrong ?

------------------------------------------
    i have solved this problem.
    the cause of its - aftore mass erase the location FFBF (NVPROT) stays FE (not FF), i dont now - who wrires this value, but its true,
    and this value can be rewrited to FC (zeros in SEC01:SEC00 bits) not to FF (ones in SEC01:SEC00 bits) i had do.

Comments

• Hi Vladimir,

Tthe security bit is programmed to FE after a mass erase so that the device is not secured after a reset.

-Johnny

• QUOTE (Johnny @ May 27 2011, 06:30 PM) [legacy comment]
    Tthe security bit is programmed to FE after a mass erase so that the device is not secured after a reset.

Yes, but i needed to secure device

• Hi Vladimir,

Since the P&E algorithms restore the NVOPT value to a 0xFE, you must program it to a 0xFC to secure the processor. You cannot reprogram to 0xFF because flash bits are not allowed to go from a 0 to a 1.

Alternatively, the P&E SH algorithms have a "SD Secure Device" command which you can use.

Best regards,
    Edison

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement