Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Support under VMWare?
James S. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Hi,

We use VMWare (as well as other virtual machine packages like Virtual Box and Parallels) on our Windows, Linux and Mac development machines (targetting HCS12 devices). We're thinking of using either the Multilink (USB) or Cyclone Pro (Ethernet) from these virtual machines. Have either of these been tested to work with the HCS12?

Thanks,

James

Comments

• Hello James,

While we do not explicitly test VMWare support, I know multiple customers use P&E USB Multilink and Cyclone Pro interfaces through VMWare. In particular, they use VMWare to run Windows images on Mac PCs. You will have to make sure that P&E drivers are properly installed within VMWare image. Also, you have to direct newly enumerated USB device to your VMware application.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

QUOTE (James Smith @ May 11 2011, 12:24 PM) [legacy comment]
    Hi,

We use VMWare (as well as other virtual machine packages like Virtual Box and Parallels) on our Windows, Linux and Mac development machines (targetting HCS12 devices). We're thinking of using either the Multilink (USB) or Cyclone Pro (Ethernet) from these virtual machines. Have either of these been tested to work with the HCS12?

Thanks,

James

• If it helps anyone, here's my experience...

I have successfully used the USBMULTILINKBDM in the VMWare Player to program Coldfire V1 MCU.

The VM image was for Windows XP. The host PC was running Windows 7 64-bit.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement