Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
mc9s08aw16 in circuit debugging
Doug L. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Hi
    I am using WinIDE vs.2.04 and am working with the MC9S08AW16. When I use the debugger there is strange behaviour. As an example, jmp QW does not take me to the address labelled QW but to an incorrect address. I examined the .S19 file and the correct effective address is present, but when I load the program into the debugger, a different effective address is associated with the JMP QW. QW still appears at its correct address. I also tried the in-circuit simulator and had the same issue.
    Thank you.
    Doug

Comments

• QUOTE (Doug77 @ Apr 1 2011, 03:04 PM) [legacy comment]
    Hi
    I am using WinIDE vs.2.04 and am working with the MC9S08AW16. When I use the debugger there is strange behaviour. As an example, jmp QW does not take me to the address labelled QW but to an incorrect address. I examined the .S19 file and the correct effective address is present, but when I load the program into the debugger, a different effective address is associated with the JMP QW. QW still appears at its correct address. I also tried the in-circuit simulator and had the same issue.
    Thank you.
    Doug

What is your version of ICDHCS08?

Regards,
    Johnny

• QUOTE (Johnny @ Apr 1 2011, 01:05 PM) [legacy comment]
    What is your version of ICDHCS08?

Regards,
    Johnny

Hi Johnny
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am using version 1.37 of ICDHCS08.
    Regards
    Doug

• Hello Doug,

One of the things that I can think off, is a sporadic interrupt going off. Please use SEI instruction to turn off interrupts and see if the same behavior still occurs. You can then use CLI instruction to unmask the interrupts once again.

You can also submit a support request on our website. Please address it to my attention and attach a P&E assembly project that you are working with. We will gladly take a look at it.

http://www.pemicro.com/support/index.cfm" target="_blank">http://www.pemicro.com/support/index.cfm

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

QUOTE (Doug77 @ Apr 4 2011, 02:17 PM) [legacy comment]
    Hi Johnny
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am using version 1.37 of ICDHCS08.
    Regards
    Doug

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement