Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Error in once status register MPC5517
Paul S. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• After connecting the target board and running the configuration script, my target appears to start fine. I can see the defined memory and
    MMU settings as was run in the .mac file. I can hit the lightning bolt button and it seems to work repeatedly. I can download
    my elf code to the target, into internal processor RAM, it appears to show that the code got where I expected it to be and the source
    window shows my source code. My issue is, even if I don't step through a single line of code, in other words, at the point after downloading my
    code, I hit the lightning bolt button, I now get the "Error in status register during instruction execution". It does say MPC551x Device detected.
    At this point I have to close the debugger window and re-start it, then it seems to communicate and be OK again. By the way, if I
    download my code and run it, it runs fine. I can step through it, or just run it fine, until I hit the lightning bolt button. It is quite annoying
    to have to re-start the program each time. What is up with this? Even if my code is loading into area of RAM where the P&E code needs,
    shouldn't the .mac file over-write it? Why would re-starting the debugger program reset/fix it, I don't have to power cycle my target.

Any ideas?

Comments

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement