Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Freescale CFP FOR mcf52277?
Mahesh L. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Hi there,

I just got the new Cyclone Max out of the box and installed the software. After reading the user manual I started the image creation utility. It asked me for a CFP file which I don't see for my Freescale microprocessor MCF52277 in the list of available CFP files or zip.

Can anyone tell me which CFP to use instead or how to go about creating one for my use?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

- Mahesh.

Comments

• Hi Mahesh,

If I recall correctly, the MCF52277 does not have any internal flash. If this is true, then your board will likely have an external flash device connected to the ColdFire processor. If you can identify this part number of this external flash, I can help you figure out which algorithm matches up.

Best regards,
    Edison

• Hi Edison,

Thank you for taking time and responding to my post.

Yes, the Freescale MCF52277CVM160J microcontroller we are using does not have on-chip flash memory. Our design uses an external flash memory for program storage, it is the Spansion p/n S29GL032 N90 BFI 040. Data sheet attached. This is a 4Mbyte NOR flash memory that we access as 2M x 16bits.

Waiting for your response smile.gif

Best Regards,
    - Mahesh.

• Hi Mahesh,

The Spansion_29GL032N_04_1x16x2meg.CFP algorithm is the closest match for your setup. Note that this algorithm assumes that you are using the default chip select (CS0). If this is not the case, you will need a custom algorithm which sets up all of the chip select registers properly.

This algorithm should be included in the "Algorithms_CF" folder of your Cyclone MAX software installation. Alternatively, you can download all of the latest ColdFire algorithms by using the following link:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=220" target="_blank">http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_...download_id=220

Best regards,
    Edison

• Hi Edison,

That was it. It started working in no time. I have since programmed 4 boards without any issues. Awesome.

Thanks for all your help.

- Mahesh.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement