Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
PROGCFZ error loading .CFP file
Emmanuel P. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Hello,

I'm using CPROGFZ with USB multilink rev C ver 5.49 on MCF52256CAG66 target. CPROGFZ can't load the Freescale_52256_1x32x64k.CFP file, I've got "Error loading .CFP file c:\pemicro\progcfz\algorithms\Freescale_52256_1x32x64k.CFP at address 10000000".
    I don't know where is the problem, because everything works fine with CodeWarrior Debugger (and flash tools of course), PROGCFZ works fine with MCF52233CAL60 target.

I need PROGCFZ to serialize Ethernet MAC addresses.

• Hi Emmanuel,

What command line parameters are you passing to CPROGCFZ?

One parameter that you want to pay attention to is "bdm_speed". If this parameter is omitted, then CPROGCFZ will attempt to communicate at the highest speed, which can cause problems on certain boards. Below is an example of how to use the "bdm_speed" parameter:

CPROGCFZ myscript.cfg interface=usbmultilink port=usb1 bdm_speed 3

Higher values = slower communications, so you may want to try a few different values (3, 5, 10, etc.) to see it resolves the problem. For better flash programming performance, you'll want to use the fastest speed that allows proper communication to the processor.

Best regards,

• Hi,

You were right, I tried to slow down BDM speed and now it works fine, with PROGCFZ and CPROGCFZ.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement