Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
HC(S)08 Debugger Windows 64Bit.
Alfredo C. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Is there any debbuger avaliable (free or paid) for 64 Bits OSes?, I know the drivers work now. But If I need to debug using CW?. Do I have any options?.

Comments

• Which Freescale device are you working with? Depending on your device, we may have a solution for you.

Currently, Freescale's CodeWarrior are not supported in 64-bit OS nor Windows 7. We are currently working with Freescale to upgrade some of their CodeWarrior and other tools to be supported in 64-bit OS. You will need to contact Freescale to find out which CodeWarrior and their timeline to support 64-bit OS.

A solution we may have for you is for you to continue using CodeWarrior to compile your source codes, but use P&E's software for flash programming and debugging tools because it is supported in 64 bit OS and Windows 7. P&E's debugger works with Elf/Dwarf 2.0 and IEEE 695 debug files for C-source level debugging. Please let me know which device you are wanting to use so that I may point you to the right P&E software tool.

Takao Yamada
    P&E Technical Engineering Intern

• QUOTE (Takao Yamada @ Dec 10 2009, 04:36 PM) [legacy comment]
    Which Freescale device are you working with? Depending on your device, we may have a solution for you.

Currently, Freescale's CodeWarrior are not supported in 64-bit OS nor Windows 7. We are currently working with Freescale to upgrade some of their CodeWarrior and other tools to be supported in 64-bit OS. You will need to contact Freescale to find out which CodeWarrior and their timeline to support 64-bit OS.

A solution we may have for you is for you to continue using CodeWarrior to compile your source codes, but use P&E's software for flash programming and debugging tools because it is supported in 64 bit OS and Windows 7. P&E's debugger works with Elf/Dwarf 2.0 and IEEE 695 debug files for C-source level debugging. Please let me know which device you are wanting to use so that I may point you to the right P&E software tool.

Takao Yamada

Thank you Takao,

I am using the HCS08 JM60 and MC13213 (GT60)

• Hello again,

Sorry for my late reply. May I ask which version of CodeWarrior you are using and if you have tried installing the CodeWarrior onto your 64-bit machine?

If you cannot install CodeWarrior onto your 64-bit machine, you will have to use a non-64-bit machine to compile your code on CodeWarrior, but you will be able to use our ProgHCS08 tool to program your devices and then use ICD_HCS08 to debug your devices on a 64-bit machine. Here are links for more detail of our products:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=26" target="_blank">ICD HCS08

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27" target="_blank">PROGHCS08

However, if you need an IDE and assembler too, we have the PKG_HCS08. I attached a link below for details of our PKG_HCS08 product:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=24&menu_id=details&CFID=1401658&CFTOKEN=86336632" target="_blank">PKGHCS08

Let me know if I was able to answer your questions or if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement