Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
HC(S)08 Debugger Windows 64Bit.
Alfredo C. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• Is there any debbuger avaliable (free or paid) for 64 Bits OSes?, I know the drivers work now. But If I need to debug using CW?. Do I have any options?.

Comments

• Which Freescale device are you working with? Depending on your device, we may have a solution for you.

Currently, Freescale's CodeWarrior are not supported in 64-bit OS nor Windows 7. We are currently working with Freescale to upgrade some of their CodeWarrior and other tools to be supported in 64-bit OS. You will need to contact Freescale to find out which CodeWarrior and their timeline to support 64-bit OS.

A solution we may have for you is for you to continue using CodeWarrior to compile your source codes, but use P&E's software for flash programming and debugging tools because it is supported in 64 bit OS and Windows 7. P&E's debugger works with Elf/Dwarf 2.0 and IEEE 695 debug files for C-source level debugging. Please let me know which device you are wanting to use so that I may point you to the right P&E software tool.

Takao Yamada
    P&E Technical Engineering Intern

• QUOTE (Takao Yamada @ Dec 10 2009, 04:36 PM) [legacy comment]
    Which Freescale device are you working with? Depending on your device, we may have a solution for you.

Currently, Freescale's CodeWarrior are not supported in 64-bit OS nor Windows 7. We are currently working with Freescale to upgrade some of their CodeWarrior and other tools to be supported in 64-bit OS. You will need to contact Freescale to find out which CodeWarrior and their timeline to support 64-bit OS.

A solution we may have for you is for you to continue using CodeWarrior to compile your source codes, but use P&E's software for flash programming and debugging tools because it is supported in 64 bit OS and Windows 7. P&E's debugger works with Elf/Dwarf 2.0 and IEEE 695 debug files for C-source level debugging. Please let me know which device you are wanting to use so that I may point you to the right P&E software tool.

Takao Yamada

Thank you Takao,

I am using the HCS08 JM60 and MC13213 (GT60)

• Hello again,

Sorry for my late reply. May I ask which version of CodeWarrior you are using and if you have tried installing the CodeWarrior onto your 64-bit machine?

If you cannot install CodeWarrior onto your 64-bit machine, you will have to use a non-64-bit machine to compile your code on CodeWarrior, but you will be able to use our ProgHCS08 tool to program your devices and then use ICD_HCS08 to debug your devices on a 64-bit machine. Here are links for more detail of our products:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=26" target="_blank">ICD HCS08

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27" target="_blank">PROGHCS08

However, if you need an IDE and assembler too, we have the PKG_HCS08. I attached a link below for details of our PKG_HCS08 product:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=24&menu_id=details&CFID=1401658&CFTOKEN=86336632" target="_blank">PKGHCS08

Let me know if I was able to answer your questions or if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement